DEATH MAGNETIC

I listened to Death Magnetic 10 times in a row, I don't think it's their best album, but for some reason I just couldn't listen to any of my other albums after I had listened to it the first time.

It's almost like the missing link between Justice and the Black album, with some added ingredients....

Good man. People shouldnt winge about it. Metallica were going to change at some stage or another and i guess its just the way they are now. I like Death Magnetic, some people all of a sudden see one person has said its shite and others will follow.

Its still doens't stop it from being crap!

Each to their own opinion and all that wank, but seriously - Metallica are way past their sell by date. They're starting to smell bad and grow green furry shit outta their asses.

Each to their own opinion and all that wank, but seriously - Metallica are way past their sell by date. They're starting to smell bad and grow green furry shit outta their asses.
They enjoy what they do i guess. When you're their ages im sure you will still want to play music even if you were good or bad.

So from me, well done Metallica for carrying on after so long.

Its still doens't stop it from being crap!

Still, if they're going to keep on doing it, I'd rather them be making stuff like "Death Magnetic" than the insipid country-fied rock they've been shitting out for the best part of two decades.

It's by no means their best, "Ride the Lightning" especially shits all over it, but it's easily the best thing they've put out in over a decade.

Still, if they're going to keep on doing it, I'd rather them be making stuff like "Death Magnetic" than the insipid country-fied rock they've been shitting out for the best part of two decades.

It's by no means their best, "Ride the Lightning" especially shits all over it, but it's easily the best thing they've put out in over a decade.

a man speaking sense well said john

To be honest my expectations on Death Magnetic wasn't set very highly at all, I was expecting it to be rather shitty! It has now grown on me , granted it is no competition to their back catalogue but I think it still holds its own!

There's Australian radio show called "Full Metal Racket" and last night they were talking about Death Magnetic's "Guitar Hero Mix" which, i have to say, almost totally changes my opinion of the album.

The drum sound is better, you can hear all the nuance of James' picking, and can even hear backing vocals.

My opinion is that they were trying to do old school riffs and failing, but after hearing the album, and hearing the other mix of it, they actually are still as good as they used to be. Seriously... they are. Period.
'
My main thing with the album was that the songs were good but the album sounds like shit, and apparently Metallica weren't even present during the mixing, and the person who mixed it put ALL the levels ALL the way up, causing clipping of the high and low end, and putting everything into mid-range, which means that everything is pounding through the same frequency and battling for space, which can also damage your speakers, and the Guitar Hero mix has treble with the guitars and some drums, mid with vocals, some bass, some drums, and a little guitar, and low end with the most of the drums, the bass, and some more guitar.

All in all it sounds more like it should, you can hear the actual notes that rob is playing, lars' drums sound like they did on the black album, and james' guitar is MUCH clearer.

its actually not a bad record, but its not that killer either.
its a very good step back to the golden days, better production, and the following records gonna be killer.
its still away from Kill em all or master ages, but that was clear before, anyway its a good step to the right direction.