DEATH MAGNETIC

I liked almost everything about it. I'm really big on metallica though. James's vocals aren't totally yelling, but they keep it harsh. I didn't like how suicide and redemption had so much repitition. They could have cut the repititions of every riff in half and still had a full length song.

I liked almost everything about it. I'm really big on metallica though. James's vocals aren't totally yelling, but they keep it harsh. I didn't like how suicide and redemption had so much repitition. They could have cut the repititions of every riff in half and still had a full length song.

Suicide and Redemption is the only song on that album that bores me.

There's Australian radio show called "Full Metal Racket" and last night they were talking about Death Magnetic's "Guitar Hero Mix" which, i have to say, almost totally changes my opinion of the album.

The drum sound is better, you can hear all the nuance of James' picking, and can even hear backing vocals.

My opinion is that they were trying to do old school riffs and failing, but after hearing the album, and hearing the other mix of it, they actually are still as good as they used to be. Seriously... they are. Period.
'
My main thing with the album was that the songs were good but the album sounds like shit, and apparently Metallica weren't even present during the mixing, and the person who mixed it put ALL the levels ALL the way up, causing clipping of the high and low end, and putting everything into mid-range, which means that everything is pounding through the same frequency and battling for space, which can also damage your speakers, and the Guitar Hero mix has treble with the guitars and some drums, mid with vocals, some bass, some drums, and a little guitar, and low end with the most of the drums, the bass, and some more guitar.

All in all it sounds more like it should, you can hear the actual notes that rob is playing, lars' drums sound like they did on the black album, and james' guitar is MUCH clearer.

Holy shit. I just youtubed the guitar hero mix. Lars' snare doesn't blow out every other instrument anymore, and you can hear the bass. Time for some limewire.

I have to say that I have grown quite fond of Unforgiven III, Flame my ass if you want.:kickass:

it will be interesting to see if MetallicA can make a better record than Death Magnetic. For one they need to ditch Rick Boobin and get a real metal producer like Sneap,the one and only Flemming, or Andy Laroque.

Ist fuckign wank. That Was Just Your Life was alright-ish but having heard the whole thing, I'd sooner copnsume my own testicles and regurgitate them on my face than listen to Death Magnetic again.

Lars, sod off - you're old and useless now!!

This basically.

First time I played it, I got chills from That Was Just Your Life, brilliant riff.

Really the only song I'm not fuckin crazy about is Cyanide, and maybe The Unforgiven III, but they're still decent songs.

Lets face it, for 2008 Metallica it kicks ass. By no means one of their best, but for what it is, it's a pretty damn decent album. I can't fucking wait till the next album (even though I probably will be waiting, about 5 fucking years :lol:), and I'm hoping (key word) they can find it in them to kick Death Magnetic's ass.

:kickass:

I had a big enough rant about DM on Facbook last night much to Ol's disapproval :lol:

I'll set the record straight once more: Death Magentic is not complex, its not thrash and its not a return to form. Therefore, anyone who keeps on saying is the best thing since Master of Puppets needs to listen to Demolition Hammer instead.