Death Metal bands with long songs?

Scorned

New Metal Member
Sep 1, 2016
It may sound weird but i like my Death Metal with long lenghts. Vital Remains, latest Spawn of Possession etc.

If anyone knows bands with +6 minute songs, i'd like to hear it. Thank you all.

Why 6 minutes? Seems kinda arbitrary. Anyway, all of Slayed Necros' recs are fantastic. I'll also add:

More The Chasm, because everyone needs more of this band in their lives. Also this one is over 6 minutes and instrumental.

Reactions: Slayed Necros

Why 6 minutes? Seems kinda arbitrary. Anyway, all of Slayed Necros' recs are fantastic. I'll also add:

More The Chasm, because everyone needs more of this band in their lives. Also this one is over 6 minutes and instrumental.

Thanks y'all. Yeah it seems kinda arbitrary but when it comes to the metal music i always prefer long songs, except for grind or stuff though.

I don't know how you feel about black metal, but it's generally easier to find long songs in that genre than death metal.

Let us know if you like any of these and we can give you more.

I don't know how you feel about black metal, but it's generally easier to find long songs in that genre than death metal.

Let us know if you like any of these and we can give you more.

Well i'm not that into black metal except for Alcest, Emperor, Old Man's Child or earlier Dimmu Borgir.I always found Post- Black interesting but I always wanted to hear badass riffs and melodies rather than ambient tunes or stuff like it. The songs you've sent here are my kind of death metal though. I very liked the way they sound. I'm listening to Asphyx's song now, its exactly what i want though.

Gorguts come to mind. Their last album Colored Sands was amazing, and they released an EP earlier this year that consists of one 30 minute song. Pretty atmospheric and technical, but not overproduced like so much technical death metal is these days. They're a great example of a band who just keep getting better as they age, in my opinion.

one of my favourite songs from Colored Sands. One of the easier songs to get into at first, also check out the title track and Le Toit Du Monde

Gorguts come to mind. Their last album Colored Sands was amazing, and they released an EP earlier this year that consists of one 30 minute song. Pretty atmospheric and technical, but not overproduced like so much technical death metal is these days. They're a great example of a band who just keep getting better as they age, in my opinion.

one of my favourite songs from Colored Sands. One of the easier songs to get into at first, also check out the title track and Le Toit Du Monde

I wasn't at home for days, so i saw the replies a couple minutes ago. Thanks for all the suggestions, and ofc i know about behemoth and nile, i used to be obsessed with them. :D Thank y'all again.