"Clean" Vocal - Melodic Death Metal Bands

Diablo
Insomnium
EDIT:Nomans Land

When have they EVER used clean vocals?

Yes Insomnium is an awesome band, its just the vocals that get a little annoying, but its workable because their music is awesome. They are up there with the old InFlames stuff.
If they had a vocalist like that of Amorphis Insomnium would be one of the best bands I've ever heard.

As for Diablo, i guess not half bad but not really MDM. And Nomans land.. eh not sure bout them.

And your also right about Amon Amarth, I've never heard them use any mildly nongrowling tones.
They has some nice guitar work, but the vocals truly lower them in my book.

Some bands can get away with the cookie-monster vocals like: In Flames, Five Finger Death Punch, and especially DevilDriver but others just sound like they are trying way too hard.

I mean don't get me wrong I am not looking for some Breaking Benjamin vocals, but I need that sweet spot in between like that of vocalist Ryan McCombs for Drowning Pool's Full Circle and for Soil's Redefine & Scars.

Perhaps this is why Amorphis and Disarmonia Mundi appeal to me so much because of those vocals with the Gothenburg Metal touch.

Please keep the suggestions coming =]

I think the Insomnium vocalist kicks ass, but music is an opinion based thing, and your entitled to yours! Have you had a listen to Soilwork? I know their not MDM per se, but they do sound pretty darn good sometimes. Also, some stuff from Norther's newer musical arsenal (Frozen Angel/Omen type songs) are pretty good, and you should probably check them out.

soilwork for sure, um, mors principium est has guest vocal tracks, same w/ imperanon. dark tranquillity, in flames. most the ones i know already were said

Ok I have found a really good band that is what I am looking for, it is a mix of the cookie monster vocals/death growls/clean vocals.

Called Mercenary. Found them looking at similar bands on last.fm

They sound like a combination of the guitar work from insomnium and Dream Theater and vocals of a mix between in flames and wintersun.

These guys OWN!

If you have heard of them, and know of some pretty similar bands like this. let me know.

something about that guitar work just captivates me. Its like melodic and heavy at the same time. Some uber music.

bands like Scar Symettry, Into Eternity and Mercenary are great bands that mix both clean and growling vocals.