Death metal mixed and mastered

ExDown

Oct 15, 2007
Boras
www.myspace.com
Hey there guys, I'm new at this forum but so far it's been a great help!!
I just finnished the recording, mixing and mastering of my bands (Ethereal) new song "Pleaded Outburst".

It's recorded in our rehearsal place with a shitty computer, Delta card and über-cheap Behringer mixer.
What we used was; 5150 on guitars with one Samson condensator mic + sm57. Don't really remember the position of the mic's (i'm really new at recording) . For drums we used Pearl Export set with a Tama metal snare (100% original, no triggers. Not so happy with the result though) and the kick 100% drumagog Andy Sneap sample. Bass was just line in and then put Ampeg VST on that.
For vocals we used AKG perception 100 then compressed with SSL compressor VST.

This is the 2:nd mix/master, so I'm just looking for tips for the next recording cuz I really don't have the time to re-mix the song.

Here's the sample anyway;

http://www.upload.celtiaproductions.co.uk/uploads/ethereal_pleaded2007.mp3

Hope you like it, and for my first recording check the other songs on the Myspace player at http://myspace.com/etherealdeathmetal

I agree, this is awesome for your level of experience. It could use some overall tweaking to soften up the high end a bit as was mentioned before, but I think it's great aside from that and I enjoyed the music as well.

Great work.

Really good stuff, sir. I actually think the vocals are pretty kewl at their present level. I understand why some might say nay, but I dig it.
Thank you for sharing with us.

BTW - the tune is really cool, too!

I agree, this is awesome for your level of experience. It could use some overall tweaking to soften up the high end a bit as was mentioned before, but I think it's great aside from that and I enjoyed the music as well.

Great work.

Thanks for the kind word! Been thinking about re-doing the mix/mastering again cuz of the nice tips. Probably post this up later tonight or so, and if there's anything else that could be done better please tell me :)

I LOVE this dude!!! I am listening to this on some nice head phones now at 1:30 AM and this is some crushing music!

Maybe you can mix/master my new stuff.......nice work dude!

Peter - Bloodsoaked

Sounds absolutely awesome! If I could do mix/master like this, I would be quite satisfied to that.

I LOVE this dude!!! I am listening to this on some nice head phones now at 1:30 AM and this is some crushing music!

Maybe you can mix/master my new stuff.......nice work dude!

Peter - Bloodsoaked

Hey thanks! And great that you like the music aswell!
Ofcourse, I can try mix/master some of your stuff. Never done other peoples mix/masters, but I would love to give it a try!