Death Metal Vocals

Exhale your gutturals. Listen to Implosive Disgorgence for proper guttural technique

Stop talking

JESUS your scream is crazy!!1

Pig squeals are gay

Overall?

I approve.:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

I do exhale my gutturals. :) Do they sound inhaled?

Oh, and thank you good sir. :) I think my scream could use some work, but. Thanks :)

And holy shit, Implosive Disgorgence is insane. Thanks for recommending them

I do too with your gutturals, they're cool, the 2nd one could be better though, but keep practicing, you don't realize how good you can get practicing growls, not just gutturals but growling whole songs, growling along to your favorite metal songs is great practice. Just 2 months ago my growls weren't that good and I've improved significantly, just check out my band profile for my growls.

I have to agree. When I started really doing vocals a few years ago, my lows were ok but really quiet. Practicing while driving to band rehearsal made a big difference. I think the biggest change was exhaling. I was already exhaling but I mean really exhaling. Almost like trying to whisper really loud. It's all about moving air. I spent most of my practice singing along with Grave's "...you'll never see" and "soulless" since Jorgen Sandstrom was always one of my favorite vocalists. Same goes for highs. Oh, and you'll lose it if you don't stay in practice. The best thing for my vocals is going on tour. After a few days in, it gets effortless.

MIKE

I have to agree. When I started really doing vocals a few years ago, my lows were ok but really quiet. Practicing while driving to band rehearsal made a big difference. I think the biggest change was exhaling. I was already exhaling but I mean really exhaling. Almost like trying to whisper really loud. It's all about moving air. I spent most of my practice singing along with Grave's "...you'll never see" and "soulless" since Jorgen Sandstrom was always one of my favorite vocalists. Same goes for highs. Oh, and you'll lose it if you don't stay in practice. The best thing for my vocals is going on tour. After a few days in, it gets effortless.

MIKE

Yeah, everything I've done on that video is exhaled except for the pig squeal. My growling needs work, I haven't done it for a long time. Screaming needs to be worked on as well. It needs to be louder. It's effortless for me, but . . . I need to get the sound I'm looking for. So, that's why I practice. I need to start going for a Kalmah sound since that's the kind of music my new band is playing. I'm trying to mix in some Gutturals as well as Growls and Screams into our new stuff.