Death Metal Vocals

MaaneGarm

Gatekeeper
Apr 21, 2010
Norway
Hi!

I was testing my equipment the other day and decided to do a cover on a death metal song, and ended up doing a cover of Bloodbath's "Eaten," and I would like some input on how the vocals sound.

The drums & the clean guitar bit's are VSTi's.
The vocals, guitars and bass is recorded with a TonePort GX.

You may notice that the solo's are missing. That's because I do not have the skills to play them all... :loco:

But, eitherway, the point of this is to get some objective feedback in my vocal work.

Here's the link: [LINK]

Cheers,
MaaneGarm :kickass:

I noticed a slight thinness in the vocals and they were a bit loud at times. Not bad though.

Ok, seriously, I need some serious feedback on this... Call it shit if you want to, but in that case define why it's shit...

I seriously want some feedback on my work, and it seems that the only way for one-man/unrecogniced-users/bands to get some attention here is to bump until their fingertips are red and dead...

Tear my mix apart, I don't care, all that I care about is the vocals... Give it a shot, tell me what you think about it!

Criticism is WELCOME!! :rofl:

Cheers,
MaaneGarm :kickass:

Voice sounds real good to me. Seems like you're running out of steam a little in a couple of places, but only slightly. But generally a pretty kickass vocal.

BTW, I hadn't actually heard anything by Bloodbath before. I am so buying their CDs now. :headbang: