Death (the band)

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
Are there any other Death fans here? To me, Death was (and still is) one of the greatest metal bands. Musically, they were astounding. Chuck always made sure he had the highest quality musicianship on the albums, and at a show. And Chuck himself was nothing short of a musicall genius. The dude wrote some of the best lyrics in music in general, not just metal. Truly a gifted man, and it was a sad day when the metal community lost him, and there will never be another like him. My favorite Death album is probably "Human", with "Leprosy" comming in very close as second.

Oblivious Maximus said:
Are there any other Death fans here? To me, Death was (and still is) one of the greatest metal bands. Musically, they were astounding. Chuck always made sure he had the highest quality musicianship on the albums, and at a show. And Chuck himself was nothing short of a musicall genius. The dude wrote some of the best lyrics in music in general, not just metal. Truly a gifted man, and it was a sad day when the metal community lost him, and there will never be another like him. My favorite Death album is probably "Human", with "Leprosy" comming in very close as second.

The Sound of Perserverence is brilliant.

Love Death, Chuck was totally unique in both his sound and song writing. Personally I love all their stuff, "Voice of the soul" is one of the best metal songs writen

Still partial to "Scream Bloody Gore"...but "Leprosy, Symbolic, SOP"...all great stuff. The latter may not have been 'pure' Death Metal but it was musically exceptional!

*edit...How did I forget to note "Human?" A HUGE album - Reinert ruled back then!!

"Scream Bloody Gore" and "Spiritual Healing" I scream! I don't know why but I never got into "Leprosy" and their later stuff.

gaschamber said:
symbolic and sound of perserverence
Same here. The last band I was in we covered Crystal Mountain,The Philosopher and Spirit Crusher. You just dont hear many bands can cover those songs. Mostly because you cant find a bass player talented enough to play that shit.

What I liked about Death was that Chuck evolved with every album but still kept his style. And "Evil Dead" will always be one of my favourite metal songs.

i liked how death combined so many different types of music into like one song

like theres bluegrass, rap, trip-hop and classical influences all the way through human.

i got my musicologist teacher to study human and he reckonds its up there with the best albums of all time, behind donny osmond - this is the moment

i heard chuck was a christian?