death to false metal

hyena

counterclockwise
Apr 13, 2002
-
Hi. I'm new to this forum, but I'm not new to Dark Tranquillity. I'm Rahvin's best friend and I guess this is already too much information :)

My topic for the day is TRUE METAL. I guess everyone is interested *rotfl*

No, seriously, I am not into power metal because it is silly, but once upon a time I was a huge Manowar fan. Rahvin preferred Running Wild and I still fail to understand how come, but it's not so important.

I wanted to let everyone know that the new Manowar album is available via Audiogalaxy and it's one of the funniest experiences I have had in my entire existence. I only have eight tracks so far, but the single "Warriors of the world united" is so full of phrases such as "all who stand in my way will die by my steel" that you won't believe your ears. An addiction into the realm of Manowar talk is "metal sky": to my knowledge, they never mentioned such a thing so far.

So go and download, by the magic power of your holy computer!

c.

[by the way, does anyone have a WOTW tracklist? the songs i own so far are:

call to arms
nessun dorma
warriors of the world united
fight until we die
fight for freedom
hand of doom
house of death
an american trilogy

and i am waiting to download "swords in the wind"].

Hello, and welcome on board! But don't forget to pop up at captain Final_Vision's cabin at "Hello I'm new"-thread - otherwise you might find yourself over the board pretty soon. :p

I don't know anything about Manowar - and don't even intend to widen my knowledge in this area - but if I recall it correctly, Black Sabbath had a song called Hand of Doom on Paranoid-album. A great song you all should check out. :)

-Villain

I'm not into Manowar. I changed my path when someone told me they have a song called PleasureSlave :p

Siren (who saves her welcomes for the newbie thread ;))

@hyena: nice to see you here, my dearest one. :)
ok, your pro-manowar post is already too much information about you, (a manowar-pro ;) ) so i won't brag about how wonderfully nice and sweet you tend to look in your shining silver armour. :p

i always liked running wild better because they had better tunes. this should show you i don't judge a band by how funny they dress. ;)

and now that everybody here mistook you for a (tm) true defender (/tm), please let it be known what is it that we'll go see play live on tuesday. :rolleyes:

@villain: manowar would never play a black sabbath cover. black sabbath were posers and you didn't have to have your roof nailed down when they played. :D

rahvin.

Originally posted by Siren
Hmmm, how many more rahvin-family members should we expect? :rolleyes: :p

at least none of them is :Spam:ming :rolleyes: :p

except for me, of course.

rahvin. (tentatively waves his sword in the air a bit, but it just doesn't feel the same as it did back when he was 15...)

Hey welcome, I am a Manowar fan, I dont have any good reason, but my cousin got me itno them a long time ago, so its sort of me remembering my roots :p , yeah they are corny as hell and say and do stupid shit, but they are awesome musicians.

gods of thunder, fire and rain... i didn't know that rahvin was importing other weird individuals on here or i would have refrained from posting.

okay, so i'll say what needs to be said. on tuesday the 16th we are seeing *argh* belle and sebastian. [i don't really feel like typing the rest of the story ;)]

uh, and thanks about the comments about my shining armor *rotfl*

c.

@hyena: easy, they're all weird individuals you already know f2f or by the power of their swords... ;)

they surely feel like :hotjump:ing now that you're here. :)

rahvin. (gatekeeper of doom)

i shudder to think what "knowing someone by the power of their swords" means.

well I was polishing my shield when I came to read all this....I was a manowar fan, but I can understand why people keep insutling them, since it's more like if they were insulting themselves (I mean manowar)...but now I'm with hyena (btw: welcome, take your sit, but don't touch coke, that's mine) now it has come more on the funny way and see how they really believe it...so drink forget....well manowar seem to forget, plainly!

and still I think manowar are the godfathers of death metal, at least on what to outfit is about!
*grunt* wimps and poser leave the hall

fathervic (finding manowar the only everNOTchanging charming band....if you can degrade "charming" that much)

Originally posted by FatherVic
and still I think manowar are the godfathers of death metal, at least on what to outfit is about!

i presume you wanted to write BLACK metal.....
:mad: :mad: :mad: :Shedevil:

No comments no comments.....
other bands play,manowar kill :lol:

oh, sure I WANTED TO SAY BLACK METAL!!!! manowar are the Tr00 spirit....oh! yeah! "leather, spikes and paaaaaain" :lol:

fathervic (1000 rides can't all be wrong.....millions of flies cannot be wrong either ;) ;) ;) )

"leather, spikes and CHAINS". you're mistaking this manowar expresion with the other famous one, "destruction, suffering and pain" ;)

well there are so many ULTIMATE QUOTES to take from Manowar that we could rewrite the whole Kings Of Metal here! ;)

fathervic (leaving the hall)

@fathervic: yep, we could rewrite kings of metal or any other album, for that matter: all that it takes is changing the word order a bit. ;)

one of my personal favourites happens to be: "we're fighting for metal: metal, that's real". now this is actually aeons ahead of the pack when it comes to ultimate cheesiness, a brilliant sum of metalhead's thoughts and feelings about the world, a cleverly conceived portrait of medieval society while at the same time still being utter crap. :D

rahvin.

i beg to differ. my favourite aspect in manowar's lyrics is the ability of stating the same concept in a plurality of forms. an excellent example of this is:

"if you like metal, you're my friend" in some song - can't recall the name - and

"if you're not into metal, you are not my friend" in another one.

there's plenty of those explanatory bits in their lyrics; i can remember there was another very interesting one, but i cannot place it exactly. help anyone?

and one more note: i think it's not "metal, that's real" (as in "metal: yeah, you understand correctly") but, unfortunately, "metal that's real": true metal!

:)