DEATHCODE SOCIETY - pre-order campaign launched

ArnaudM

Metalstasis
Apr 7, 2011
Hi folks,

DEATHCODE SOCIETY just launched a crowd-funding campaign to fund the production of their first full-length.

Many among you know how the metal scene is ruled, especially when you are a new comer.

This music is very demanding. There are many arrangements and things would be perfect if they could benefit from a real orchestra and conductor, for example. These things are damned expensive and no label wants to take any risks with them, but we think the overall quality of the album is worth the challenge. Moreover, this band has always been a bit special and it has not to work like a traditional one it seems.

For the one who don't know us, here is a presentation thread :
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/693419-deathcode-society-apocalypse-metal.html

Here is a video :

If you need a better quality, just click on the Bandcamp link the signature shows.

And finally, here is the site where you can contribute to the war effort : http://igg.me/p/317103/x/2166073

Thanks for paying attention to this message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally!
For some reason, this morning I thought about DS and whether you would ever finish writing for the first full length. So glad to see your post now!
I'll create an account this evening and go for the Digpack + T-Shirt... but for now I have already shared the campaign on my Facebook.

Good luck with the campaign, I sincerely hope you succeed!
BTW, your goal is still very, very modest compared to Protest The Hero's campaign (initial goal of 125.000 $US)... :)

Hope too ! You don't have to register : you can buy on the site without any account.

Yes, it is very modest, but that's because the band is not famous at all.

Thanks, man. For sure the result is going to KILL. About ten years of hard work on this album.

For sure !
We are currently discussing how to unveil the work without prostituting it, if you see what I mean. For sure the result will be absolutely killer if we earn what we expect, thanks to you all. There were some positive changes in the band since the demo was launched and everything, from the tone and production to the performance (and also the songwritting), has improved.

Hey dude, I love your stuff and while I don't have any funds to contribute right now I will offer discounted or possibly free services such as reamping, mixing, mastering, or any of the like if you're intrested. In any case good luck with the project and I cant wait to hear it.

That's a very nice offer Dave. When all the guitars are recorded, I surely will send you a couple of them. Tx again

Well, at your level obviously the money won't fall from the sky all by itself.
You'll need to do heavy promotion for the campaign, all the way... post studio vids, trailers, contact metal online magazines and ask them to post about the campaign in their news section, plug your demo whereever you can (always with the link to your campaign), all that stuff. Ok I'm probably not telling anything new to you.
I do believe that your demo material is strong enough to convince people, if they get to hear it that is. So that's your main task.

If only you knew the incredible time I spend on promoting it. I even tried to contact every single man having one day talked about us on the Internet (some forum members here must have been spammed without mercy) :tickled:

I aslo think we are at the end of the month - heavy times for everybody.

I just wanted to add one thing : every people who helped us through this campaign will be refund if the results are bad.

Well, the point of indiegogo and kickstarter is that you don't immediately "donate", you "pledge", which means if they reach their goal, then your money is taken, if the goal isn't reached, then everyone who gives is refunded by the website itself, at least that's what I've been told, the creators of the campaign don't actually get any of the money until the time is finished and the goal is fulfilled. That's why it's very important to set a realistic goal, both in the fact that it's more than enough for what you need it (imagine if the campaign is a success but in the end the money wasn't enough to do everything you promised the people who helped, that would be a disaster) but also that it's low enough so that you really have a good chance of reaching within the time frame. I'm not saying your goal is too high, that's entirely your decision to make, just mentioning in case you weren't aware.

By the way I will get the digipack and T-shirt when I get paid, so count on that, and best of luck!

Edit: I was curious about the artwork for the album and T-shirt, so I checked the link to the designer. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I always thought Tragic Idol's artwork was awesome, not only did I discover it's the same guy doing your work, but he's done a lot of stuff much better than that Paradise Lost artwork. The T-shirt is gonna kick serious ass, no doubt

In fact, you are funded directly, when the people pay. We chose, stupidly maybe, a flexible funding. It means that, if we don't reach our aim, the site will take 9 % instead of 4 %. But you keep the money that has been given to you. Sooo, that's why we can say that, if in any case we don't manage to get what we expect (at least the money we need to produce the CDs and the T-shirts - we can record and mix for free in fact, but we started such a campaign because I'm personally fed up with the whole system, and because no label was interesting enough - I mean, selling your soul and your music must be interesting, and no offer was, really, enough to convince me to give my ass for, maybe, 2000 euros - maybe in some months I will change my mind hehehehehehe), we will refund every donators. We have their emails. Every of them, anyway, will receive something special.