DEATHCODE SOCIETY - Recording process

ArnaudM

Metalstasis
Apr 7, 2011
As some of you on this forum were nice enough to help us and show they were interested in our music, as we have not communicated a lot on the whole recording process, I just wanted to give you a couple of updates about it.

We have finished to record the drums, in a very cool studio. We uploaded several videos you can watch here. Some of you might recognize the cover song we have recorded :headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN-mXi7mQJY&feature=youtu.be

We are done with the vocals. We have invited interesting guests such as St Vincent (BLACKLODGE), RMS Hreidmarr (CNK - ex ANOREXIA NERVOSA), Sam Meador (XANTHOCHROID). We also asked Ivar Bergelin, a guy who recorded a cool cover of our song "The Inner Vortex", to play a role in a song : he deserved it.

We still have to finish the guitar recording process. It's a long and harassing work : I won't teach it to anybody on this forum, but I can say it is really the most demanding and hard writing/recording/producing job I ever experienced. Things are soooo slow.
When recorded, the guitars and bass will be sent to the mighty Dave Otero for reamping. Dave will more than probably also master the album, at least we hope so.

For those about to rock with us : be patient, even if we are a bit late, it is obvious the job will be done in the beginning of 2014.

Thans. We are sure you'll like it even more with the new stuff we are preparing in our cave.

You probably know we recorded a very beautiful choir section for the song "NooS". So we give you, for a limited number of days, the opportunity the listen to an "a capella" version (on the album version, the rock band also plays on this part), and also to discover a piece of artwork (designed by E. B. Kirchner) that will be included in the booklet. This is a rough mix, nothing to be compared with the final result, but we think we had to show you we don't lie when we say we are about to push our creative limits away. Enjoy the listening. UNmetal material inside.

https://deathcodesociety.bandcamp.com/track/noos-choir-section-preview-a-capella-rough-mix

Hi Dave : i wrote you a couple of messages on your personal email but never had an answer. Have you received them ?

Is there someone on this forum knowing personnaly Dave Otero and able to contact him ? He may be busy as hell. I wrote him a couple of mails and PMs on this forum. I hope he's fine. Thanks for your help.

I am reamping the guitars for the third time, but now it sounds the way it has to. I might post an update very soon. Thanks for your support and kind words !

The preview song you posted is amazing !
Nice riffing and songwriting, tastefull ambiances... can't wait for the album to release.

You play guitar on this ?
What did you use for your final reamp ?