Deathcode Society - "Pandaemonium 1.1"

ArnaudM

Metalstasis
Apr 7, 2011
Hi everybody,
We were quite silent these last months, but I assure you we've been almost eaten up by this kind of monster album we've been trying to complete...

But there are good news.

First of all, we have had the chance and the honor to work with a incredibly talented sneapster, Dave Otero himself, and we are still working with him on the mixing and mastering process.

We also wanted to thank the members of this forum who were nice and patient enough to trust us and helped us to fund that album.

ENJOY, a clip from the opening song : https://deathcodesociety.bandcamp.com/track/pandaemonium-11-excerpt

I'm also loving mix in that youtube version. Guitars are WAY clearer at least for my ears and as Indecizo said - not so scratchy.
Although synths is bit overpowering in that mix.

Well, first of all thank you for your reactions. Yes, working with Dave is a cool experience, and to be really honest, he just found the tone I was trying to create.
I mixed the original youtube teaser, so I'm pretty glad you guys found it well done, but I can tell you that, when you compare the WAV files, Dave's mix crushes mine in terms of definition and, I would say, evilness. The scratchy guitars are a black metal trendmark, and I think he found the right balance between the precision we need for the death metal palm mute parts and the more airy black metal chords.
And there's also two other points that make a huge difference : the drum set sounds incredibly better and dynamic on his mix, and the voice is less tiring and sibilant.

Well, after all, it is a matter of taste.

Goddamn it... Pretty much forgot about you guys since last hearing that track. It's been a while. Still love it, though.