New video from Goodbye To Gravity (reamps by Eddy Apolonia, master by Jens Bogren)

Severu

No SSL for you!
Jun 15, 2007
Bucharest
Hi guys, I'm happy to show the first video from my band's upcoming debut album. The band is called Goodbye To Gravity and we're from Bucharest, Romania.

Needless to say this album couldn't have been done with the help of this forum, we've learned so much from around here, it's really ridiculous!

Some of the guitars (on this song and on a couple of other songs) were reamped by Eddy, who is an incredible guy and who spent a lot of time getting the sounds that we wanted.
Mastering was done by Jens Bogren, who was also a big help, providing us with great feedback and of course, a great sounding master.

Any comments are welcome.
If you like our band, please check out our FB page in the sig and maybe give us a "like".

Cheers & thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds pretty good, not the biggest fan of the guitar sound, but it really, really fits the style, more of a personal thing.
your singer looks like our guitar player from time to time, especially since our guitar player cut his hair and afaik he was
born in Bucharest ;)

StefTD - thanks, man! Who knows, maybe they're related :))

Smy1 - cheers man, really glad you like the track, also thanks a lot for your FB share! Guess you're right about the stylist, maybe we'll manage something for our next vid. :))

Thanks a lot, Jeff, really appreciate it!

Afaik, this track is 5150 II Voodoo Mod into Mesa Cab with SM57 off axis and MD421 on axis blended together (very little MD421 for the high end sizzle only)
Second pair is the Bogner Uberschall into a Bogner cab (or the same Mesa Cab, I don't really know) with the same mikes.
Bus has a little eq (your traditional HP LP) and some gentle compression.

Solo is actually Amplitube with spresigh IR, but shh don't tell anyone... :D

Severu: no problem about the share. I don't have much of a fanbase, but there might be some people in there who like rock/metal.

JeffTD: true! I'm actually mostly concerned about a "coherent look" of the band. To make the band look like an entity and not just some dudes who coincidentally stumbled on to the same stage. And as stupid/contradictory as it sounds: a "created" look often creates more "authenticity" and "credibility" than the real look of the individuals.

I LOVE the guitars. So smooth, I could listen to your music for hours and not be tired, which is a good quality these days !

^ +1 for smy, I think visuals are quite important on stage. Something as simple as the same pants or a shirt (think In Flames) can do a lot

Thanks so much, really didn't expect such a positive reaction.

Morgan, thanks - yes, I mixed the album. The snare is a blend of Slate, Metal Machine and (runs and hides) the infamous "Riot!" snare which was posted around here.

Guys, we were selected in the top 20 from 2000 bands for the New Blood Award at Summer Breeze festival in Germany.

If you like our band (video in OP), please help us by giving us (GOODBYE TO GRAVITY) top marks here (it takes less than a minute to register to the Summer Breeze community to vote):

http://de.new-blood-award.de/bands.html

You MUST rate all bands in order for the vote to be valid.

There's also a contest, each valid vote enters a draw for tickets at Summer Breeze, so if we'll be in the top six, we'll definitely hang there!

Thanks a lot and cheers!

Goodbye To Gravity has made it in the top 6 at the New Blood Award. Is anyone coming? Definitely come check us out and have a beer with us if you're around at this year's Summer Breeze Festival! :headbang:

Fucking idiots using fireworks in a building.

If they went and bought fireworks at a roadside stand then sure, but if they were using pyro legally like a billion concerts before them then this is just a tragedy. Let's let the authorities sort what happened before we call dude's names for doing a completely normal thing bands do. I'm sure these guys feel awful already.

Learned about this through my mail news, when read 'heavy metal band' thought of this forum, what are the odds

Severu, hope you're all right, man
What a tragedy, my condolences

From what I read the 2 guitarists were among the 27 victims.. Severu was probably one of them because, guitarists are often the producer in a band right?
It's very sad and a tragedy indeed.
Egan, that place wasn't made for fireworks.. The owners shouldn't have allowed fireworks there..

Severu plays bass. This is fucked.

Pyro shows have a lot of rules and constraints, you have to let the authorities sort out if everything was legal.
If you stick to the rules, you're not a fucking idiot for using fireworks/pyro show in a building.

From that bit of information so far it seems like the club will have to answer for this.
The club itself is announcing a pyro show, but it seems they weren't equipped to handle it.

Wow, this is so sad. I came into this thread just checking out the video not knowing what had happened. My condolences to all.