My band did an Iron Maiden cover (mastered by Jens Bogren)

Severu

No SSL for you!
Jun 15, 2007
Bucharest
Hi guys!

The release of our debut album is drawing near and so we thought it would be a good idea to release a bonus track - a MAIDEN cover song. Check it out here:

Mix was done by me, guitars were reamped by Eddy Apolonia and mastered by Jens Bogren.

I'm responsible for the artwork, I think you'll get the "joke" if you check out our album cover, too:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4522401/cover.png

Goes without saying, this couldn't have been done without countless tips and advice I got from this forum, so THANK YOU!

:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool cover! Was expecting something more true to the original when I clicked play but I actually really like that you guys have put your own twist on it.

I wasn't really feeling the screams at the end personally but the vocalist is very good!

Holy fuck those guitars; they're a bit dark for my tastes, but goddamn they chug on those palm mutes in the verses (and the really solid low-end on the bass helps there as well) - really cool version dude, I dig, despite the undeniable metalcore factor :D

Also, I would really like to petition the mods to allow finished works to be posted here in the "Bar," rather than Practice Room, because the author isn't looking for audio-related feedback...and because come on, cut them a break, they want the exposure, and I'll soon be among them :D Seriously though, I never really found them overbearing back in the old lawless days of "Production Tips" and "Equipment" (and of course my homie Off Topic Tavern)

Also, I would really like to petition the mods to allow finished works to be posted here in the "Bar," rather than Practice Room, because the author isn't looking for audio-related feedback...and because come on, cut them a break, they want the exposure, and I'll soon be among them :D Seriously though, I never really found them overbearing back in the old lawless days of "Production Tips" and "Equipment" (and of course my homie Off Topic Tavern)

+1 I think it's main/only problem with the recent reorganization. I think Practice Room is good for unfinished material needing help while here would be fine for finished product, enjoyment, cool finished videos, release, as long as it doesn't become an annoying promotion !

I have a question about this cover, did you contact someone for copyright, or something ?