Deathcore mix in progress

Potshot

Aug 26, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
Hey guys just wanted to post a track from a pair I've recorded as a demo for a mates band and get some opinions!

First of all drums are AD, based on a preset from Deadstar I've modified to my liking, some sample replacement, processing, etc.

Synth was just a preset from REfx Nexus (great synth)

Guitars are doubletracked, unfortunately these guys aren't so tight so quadtracking wasn't going to be an option. Each side has 1 take on my ESP SV NT, EMG 85 in the bridge, and one take on a Jackson MIJ soloist of some kind, flame top, JB in the bridge.

Guitars are going into a MXR GT-OD, into the lead channel of my 6505, pregain was on around 1 as I've just retubed the preamp section and the new tube combo is fucking gainy! 6505 into a Framus Dragon cab with V30's, single SM57 on the cone/dustcap edge.

Bass was a Mike D'Antonio sig from ibanez, straight into my interface, duplicated, hipass/lowpass with some processing through amplitube 2.

Vocals were on an AT2020 condenser.

http://users.tpg.com.au/scallen/harvest.mp3

kick is almost to clicky for death core. it needs to have more like just a ubsurd amount of of umph. the vocals are Sick. bring the snare up a bit when there is blasting. and the guitars and the bass need to come up a bit more other than that perfect :D