Deathcore Mix - With Vocals!

qwe1234

Feb 12, 2011
Germany
Hey everyone,
this is a song from my frineds and mine deathcore project.
It's my second serious mix..
For guitars I used a TSS -> 8505 -> Catharsis and Orange impulses in LeCab2.
For bass I just used Ampeg SVX. Overheads are from S2.0, kick is a 50/50 mix of Slate kick 10 and Emdprodukt's kick and the snare is Joey Sturgis Snare sample mixed with a Slate snare. The vocal chain is pretty long, if someone is really interested in it feel free to ask ;D If you have any other questions, just ask, because there are a lot of other things in there..

Tell me what you think! :)
Link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21534434/Terminator_Master_4_MP3.mp3

Cheers, Lasse :kickass:

UPDATED VERSION: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21534434/Te...ster_7_MP3.mp3

I think there's is a bit too much of compression on the master bus, mix is pumping alot. The synths sound great but sometimes they overpower the guitars. Work on the vocals because they don't sit properly.

I think there's is a bit too much of compression on the master bus, mix is pumping alot. The synths sound great but sometimes they overpower the guitars. Work on the vocals because they don't sit properly.

thanks man, appreciate your constructive criticism

have you heard the updated version or the old one?

I've heard both. I got to say that the second one is better pumping-wise but I think you should re-record the vocals, try another mic maybe. Are the synths Nexus?

the problem is, that i only have this mic.. but i will try tweaking the vocal chain

about the synth: no, it's not nexus. it's called trancedrive and it's free

First you need to better compress your vocals... for that style dynamics should be sucked out. Squash the fucker at like 15:1 at -30db. Then try HPF your vocals circa 80-100hz, wide boost between 1-3k and Dess the shit out of everything above 8k. You should notice drastic improvements just from that

don't be afraid of the EQ, comp, saturation/distortion, etc man! This is honestly sounding REALLY weak....!