pop-punk mix... kinda

qwe1234

Feb 12, 2011
Germany
A nice one. Cool guitars sound. The only thing I would change is the kick - I'm not sure it fits the style in and definitely it's too loud. And what's that noise at the end? No noise reduction?

Oh, and one more thing - it seems that ppl got bored with rating mixes. It'd help if there was a rule saying if a person wants his mix to be commented he has to contribute as well.

I'm on headphones so take this with a grain of salt... you're definately heading in the right direction. Some things that came to mind:

Leads are a bit scratchy, check around 3/4k and check your lpf. Drums sound a bit fake, especially overheads. Snare is too loud and there's something about the verb I don't like. That's down to taste though. Do you highpass your drumverb?
And tell your friend to scrap that moshpart. It ruins the song, which is pretty cool except for that part. Just my opinion :D

Thanks for the input guys!

Updated link in die OP

I thought the same about the kick.. changed it.
The noise at the end was the bass. i just pulled the highs on the grit-bass track up, to get a kinda metallic sound out of the pitch shifted guitar di.. fixed that too.
I also tried to make the leads less scratchy, tell me if it worked :D
and I've tried around with cubase'es logic editor to make the drums sound more real!

Cheers,
Lasse

logic Editor is great starting point. Although making real sounding midi drums need to be done by hand, especially the OH's. Imagine you're a drummer. If you can't, get someone who is a good drummer and let him tell you, how he/she would play the drums and try to imitate that.

Leads are better now! and btw:

ich weiß warum ich nur noch wenig lust auf programmierte drums habe... echte overheads klingen einfach immer tausend mal geiler :D

since this isn't anything serious (yet), i think i won't adjust every single cymbal hit by hand :D

ich weiß warum ich nur noch wenig lust auf programmierte drums habe... echte overheads klingen einfach immer tausend mal geiler :D
ja das stimmt! ich hab bis jetzt erst einmal mit echten drums gearbeitet und es hat echt spaß gemacht!
aber theoretisch bin ich ja jetzt auch in der lage drums aufzunehmen :D