Deathcoreish - Sup 2.0,Mesa MKIV, 5150, Ecstacy (Catharsis and Tomato Farms Reamps)

Donovan S.

Jul 6, 2010
Oklahoma, US
Listen to Aeon's End [Pre-Production]

This is my latest mix. Vocals will be added this coming week. I ended up using a combination of Catharsis and Tomato Farms reamps. Both were great but together with a bit of processing they turned into savage animals.

Guitar was an LTD MH-1000 non-tremolo with a JB
5150 and Mesa MK IV (few db lower) for rhythms
Bogner Ecstacy for leads
Cabs were an ENGL Pro and a Mesa Trad.

Bass was a Schecter Stiletto Custom 4-string

Drums were programmed through Superior 2.0 and fucked to hell with samples and post-processing.

I will update the thread after we do vocals and I update the mix. I still have work to do on the toms/verb/etc.

EDIT (April 28th): Updated link with the finished mix.

I think it sounds awesome, but the snare seems to be ducking the whole mix by a really tiny amount (just noticeable).

The snare and toms sound quite bland to me as well. The snare in particular could be a bit brighter and ping'ier but I guess that comes down to personally taste.

Sounds really tight though and really powerful. Leads sound amazing but maybe a bit loud.

EDIT: Just your last sentence about the verb and toms, my bad.

Guitars and bass sound awesome >.<

Could i ask on the post processing of the bass?

The only reason I think this snare sucks is because the rest of the mix is so fucking juicy and awesome. Try boosting some highs and dropping the level.
The lead could use some EQ work, boost the mids to make it cut through without killing the entire mix.

The only reason I think this snare sucks is because the rest of the mix is so fucking juicy and awesome. Try boosting some highs and dropping the level.
The lead could use some EQ work, boost the mids to make it cut through without killing the entire mix.

I agree. I have been working on the snare and making the leads more exciting. This is still, largely a work in progress until we get the vocals on here. That's when I will scope in on the finer details/aspects of the mix.