6. Zero Tolerance
7. Lack Of Comprehension
8. Flesh and the Power It Holds
9. Flattening of Emotions
10. Spirit Crusher
11. Pull the Plug

here :

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=78020

(don't forget to move the volume slider to the right if you wanna hear stellar death metal :) )

I'm having a blast listening to this. I love those live albums originating from a a killer live set with a decent if not great sound (and not too much studio "rework" such as reamping/retracking...).

For someone who has yet to discover the band or really try to give it a shot, they should listen to this double live album.

Also, the drums are mindblowing on this, esp. on the Live in LA cd (performance, patterns, tone (kinda natural yet powerful/clear)). This is how i like drums.
I've stopped counting the number of awesome parts on this double live album :)

EDIT : the only acquired taste block here would be Schuck's very specific high shriek vocals, i had a hard time with this at first but i've grown to like it
EDIT 2 : cd 2 (eindhoven set) sounds a lot like an open-air performance, with some kind of phasey/"the wind is blowing" sound, whereas the first cd (live in LA) sounds more like a pro and tight club performance

Death's 2-CD Live Album, "Vivus!," Streaming In Full :

Here is the complete "Vivus!" track listing:

Disc 1 - Live In L.A. – 1998
1. The Philosopher
2. Spirit Crusher
3. Trapped In A Corner
4. Scavenger Of Human Sorrow
5. Crystal Mountain
6. Flesh And The Power It Holds
7. Zero Tolerance
8. Zombie Ritual
9. Suicide Machine
10. Together As One
11. Empty Words
12. Symbolic
13. Pull The Plug

Disc 2 - Live In Eindhoven – 1998
1. The Philosopher
2. Trapped in a Corner
3. Crystal Mountain
4. Suicide Machine
5. Together As One
6. Zero Tolerance
7. Lack Of Comprehension
8. Flesh and the Power It Holds
9. Flattening of Emotions
10. Spirit Crusher
11. Pull the Plug

here :

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=78020

(don't forget to move the volume slider to the right if you wanna hear stellar death metal :) )

I'm having a blast listening to this. I love those live albums originating from a a killer live set with a decent if not great sound (and not too much studio "rework" such as reamping/retracking...).

For someone who has yet to discover the band or really try to give it a shot, they should listen to this double live album.

Also, the drums are mindblowing on this, esp. on the Live in LA cd (performance, patterns, tone (kinda natural yet powerful/clear)). This is how i like drums.
I've stopped counting the number of awesome parts on this double live album :)

EDIT 2 : cd 2 (eindhoven set) sounds a lot like an open-air performance, with some kind of phasey/"the wind is blowing" sound, whereas the first cd (live in LA) sounds more like a pro and tight club performance

saw both concerts in video format and L.A. was indoors whereas Eindhoven was indeed outdoors.

I love richard christy's drumming!

thanks for the link.
how can you not love DEATH.?

saw both concerts in video format and L.A. was indoors whereas Eindhoven was indeed outdoors.

I love richard christy's drumming!

thanks for the link.
how can you not love DEATH.?

I've seen some live footage of both a while ago, but for some reason even if it was awesome i never bothered to watch the whole thing...
Now i feel like i HAVE to watch the whole thing for good this time :)

Wasn't sure if it was Christy on Hoglan (or Reiner ?) drumming in here so thanks for letting me know Christy is definitely a badass.

I've been a metal fan for years but it took me a while before i gave this band a real listen and started to really dig it. I can understand how the old-schoolness/high pitched shriek vocals/progressiveness would turn somebody off tho'. Now, i think those 3 features are signatures of this band and they do this amazingly well.

It's great to listen to their discography and hear the influence they had on other major metal bands (from Suffocation to Revocation...).

I have been into metal for over 10 years now and I only got into Death in the past 2 years or so. For a little while, I had a buddy always preaching "oldschool death metal like Death and Pestilence and how there needs to be a resurgence of these types of bands and everyone will love it"......this guy, always trying to get me into Death, and I sorta just shrugged it off for some reason. Never really gave it a chance, maybe it was my closed-mindedness? Then one day, just decided to check some of it out. Fell completely in love with Symbolic, then discovered the rest. Good times! I only wish I was into metal back in the '90's when Death was around to kick ass.

Live in L.A. is so good. I haven't listened to it for a couple of years. Good songs and Christy's drumming is just amazing. Too bad he quit drumming (sort of) and started to make poop comedy. Has anyone listened to any of his more recent stuff?

Live in L.A. is so good. I haven't listened to it for a couple of years. Good songs and Christy's drumming is just amazing. Too bad he quit drumming (sort of) and started to make poop comedy. Has anyone listened to any of his more recent stuff?

Actually he's playing on the last Charred Walls Of The Damned with Jason Suecof and doing great.

Freaking LOVE this band. It took me years to get into them too, but once I did, it was a game changer. I wish they had more live stuff from the Hoglan or Reinert eras though...I never liked Christy's drumming, and Chuck's voice was a little hard to take by that point. Still, it's cool that all the Death stuff is getting remixed/remastered/rereleased.