Death...WOW!

Ecstatic Youth

...playing with fire
I'm currently in the process of watching Death Live in L.A. and it is incredible. I always knew that Death was a great band, and I had always liked some songs(Symbolic, Crystal Mountain, The Philosopher), but now that i've seen most of the DVD concert, I have a different opinion of them. For starters, Chuck is a fucking AMAZING guitarist. He does almost every(if not all) the solos! Some songs I now badly want to download but can't find are Trapped in a Corner, Pull The Plug, Spirit Crusher, Zero Tolerance, and Flesh and the Power it Holds. Woah, Death is so much more than what I used to think they were. :eek: :) :D :loco:

:yow: :headbang:

I need to acquire that DvD badly. I have the live album and it owns. Schuldiner is amazing; I hope he recovers from his illness. L8r, DavE

Originally posted by PoisnGodMachine
yeah they are awesome, Chuck is amazing. I have the live album, awesome album, still dont have the video though

My brother in Poison! :cool: Chuck is indeed the man. I think cdnow has the DvD/Video in stock at the moment. I may head over there and order after law school finals.

L8r,
DavE

Death is incredible indeed. Currently I only own Scream Bloody Gore, Human and Live in L.A.b but sure I'm going to buy them all. One thing I don't like is Chuck's voice after Individual Though Patterns. It's too high pitch I think. Nearly everything else is perfect.

I just got The SOunds of Perseverance and Symbolic. I lik ethem both every much, but i must say I like TSOP better. Im gonna get the rest of their stuff very soon.

There's a reason everyone likes Chuck Schuldiner. My signature is from a live version of Pull the Plug where he says that. I've heard there are 2 Death music videos, one of Lack of Comprehension and one of The Philosopher from Individual Thought Patterns. One supposedly aired on MTV's Headbanger's Ball, but I've not come across them on the net. I've never had the pleasure of actually seeing Chuck play, but man is he amazing on a recording.

As far as I know, those are the only two(Lack of Comprehension and The Philosopher). They have played them both on LOUD(only hour of metal all week) in Canada on Much Music(Canada's MTV).

I haven't found any of the videos online either, but thankfully we tape LOUD every day and put good videos on tape and so far I have something like 15 hours of metal videos.

Chuck is awesome. Totally mind-blowing guitar-player.

TRAPPED IN A CORNER ha ha. My namesake, good song.

ITP and TSOP are the best 'death releases', but honestly i like them all, even ScreamBloodyGore and Leprosy (PULL THE PLUG!!!!!!)

The "Live in LA" DVD is very cool! I thought it would be boring in the beginning,
but since it is DEATH i decided to buy it and i was amazed, even though
it's just a small usual gig! Great sound, well played and so on...
Simply great! I'm watching the DVD now and then! :)