favorite death songs

chucks nephew

New Metal Member
Jun 30, 2004
hi my name is chris chuck was my uncle so i obviously grew up with his music

i just wanted to know wat r ur guys favorite death songs.

mine are the philosopher, crystal mountain, trapped in a corner,voice of the soul, symolic, and a story to tell. symbolic holds the most meaning for me because it actually reflects my life with chuck. "things that mat not seem important now but may be tomorrow." that lyric never really touched me so much until after chuck died because its the truth cherish everything because someday it could be gone forever..........

let the metal flow

1) Story to Tell
2) Suicide Machine
3) Mentally Blind
4) Vacant Planets
5) Spiritual Healing
6) Flesh and the Power It Holds
7) Zombie RItual
8) Destiny
9) Flattening Of Emotions
10) Trapped in A Corner

PS Hi to all the other death mbacking MOFOS out there... Long live the musical integrity of king... Chuck!!

About a Story to tell... I cannot tell you how many people ask be because I got the When you think of me with your multidimensional mind... lyrics in my yahoo accounts about how cool it is and I tell them it is a death metal bands lyrics and they are like hmmm... their minds cannot grasp it.. If only 1/3 of the people would actually go out and buy a Death CD and listen with their souls ears they would understand what a vision of true purity and truth is all about... I could never thank Chuck enough for giving what he has to be on a very very personal level... He will always be on my mind and in my head..

Every song off of Symbolic!!!!!

But if I had to narrow it down.....I'd say (in order...)

1. Crystal Mountain
2. 1000 Eyes
3. Sacred Serenity
4. Jealousy
5. Altering the future
6. Baptized in Blood
7. Voice of the soul
8. Trapped in a corner
9. Cosmic Sea
10. Flattening of Emotions

DiscipleOfThePit said:
This is my first post on the Death forum... I recently bought Scream Bloody Gore and it's FANTASTIC! What album(s) should I get next? I'm thinking Spiritual Healing or Human.
Depends what your looking for. Spiritual Healing is the last album that wasn't very technical. It's a little slower than Scream and Leprosy but is heavier with better solos than the previous 2. It also has James Murphy :) Human is just a Technical Death Metal assault on the ears. I'd probably recommend Human. After that, get Symbolic and see if you like the direction they headed with that album.

I truly love every single Death song ever. Favorites? Well Story to Tell, Empty Words, Infernal Death, Open Casket, Overactive Imagination, Flattening of Emotions, Low Life and Spirit Crusher are the first to come to my mind. All extremely different yet classics.

PS: If all you've heard from Death is Scream Bloody Gore, prepare to be blown away.

1. Crystal Mountain
2. Pull the Plug
3. Trapped in a Corner
4. Evil Dead
5. Lack of Comprehension
6. Suicide Machine
7. Without Judgement
8. The Philosopher
9. Zombie Ritual
10. Voice of the Soul

1. Overactive Imagination
2. Spirit Crusher
3. Voice of the Soul
4. Crystal Mountain
5. See Through Dreams
6. The Philosopher
7. Without Judgement
8. Symbolic
9. Story to Tell
10. Bite the Pain
11. Scavenger of Human Sorrow

BeyondtheUnholyGrave said:
Depends what your looking for. Spiritual Healing is the last album that wasn't very technical. It's a little slower than Scream and Leprosy but is heavier with better solos than the previous 2. It also has James Murphy :) Human is just a Technical Death Metal assault on the ears. I'd probably recommend Human. After that, get Symbolic and see if you like the direction they headed with that album.

I truly love every single Death song ever. Favorites? Well Story to Tell, Empty Words, Infernal Death, Open Casket, Overactive Imagination, Flattening of Emotions, Low Life and Spirit Crusher are the first to come to my mind. All extremely different yet classics.

PS: If all you've heard from Death is Scream Bloody Gore, prepare to be blown away.

Bought Human... JESUS CHRIST! :worship:

Human is one of those albums that I can listen to every single day for the rest of my life and probably never get bored of it. It's short, to the point, and just sheer Death Metal. Death Metal bands around nowadays should take note. Cuz they ain't doing it like Death did back in '91. Oh well.

Human is one of those albums that I can listen to every single day for the rest of my life and probably never get bored of it. It's short, to the point, and just sheer Death Metal. Death Metal bands around nowadays should take note. Cuz they ain't doing it like Death did back in '91. Oh well.

Totally dude. What annoys me is when I tell people I'm getting REALLY into Death, they assume (haven't actually heard) that it's cookie monster and immediately lump them together with bands like Suffocation and Corpse. I can see why people came up with the phrase Shuldiner Metal because it practically is a whole different genre.
The first time hearing Human, it was like, WTF, I don't even know what to think! It was so awesome, miles ahead of Scream Bloody anyway.
I get SO sick of people going on about Kurt Cobain and other people like that, Chuck must have just been such an amazing guy to be able to write music like he did.

:headbang:

The complete Human album. Oh man.....this one is 100% pure! The most intense album I've ever heard. Listening to Human affects my complete body. My body feels like it is being crushed by a giant bulldozer and my head feels like it is one of the bass drums of Sean. Summarizing: a nuclear explosion, but a pleasant one.

Personally speaking, I would try either Individual Thought Patterns or Symbolic next. Symbolic is my personal favorite, but ITP is probably closer to Human.

Hi everyone, new to the UltimateMetal forums, so this is my 1st post :Spin:

WOW, its mega-difficult for me to choose only a few favorite songs because I enjoy each album in its entirety! :worship: Ill try to pick 2 from each album:

SBG-Zombie Ritual, Denial of Life
Leprosy-Open Casket, Forgotten Past
Spiritual-Within The Mind, Spiritual Healing
Human-Secret Face, See Through Dreams
ITP-Jealousy, Trapped In a Corner
Symbolic-Misanthrope, 1,000 Eyes
TSOP-Story To Tell, Flesh and the Power It Holds
Control Denied-Consumed, Expect The Unexpected

DiscipleOfThePit said:
HELP! I need my fucking fix... what album's closest to Human? Yes, I have been drinking but I've still only got Scream Bloody and Human!

EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL DEAD!
EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL DEAD!

:kickass:
Do you have Leprosy? If not get that. If you do, Individual is like Human but more melodic. Symbolic would be Human if you added incredible production, made it way more melodic and made the songs slightly more straight-forward.

Do you have Leprosy? If not get that. If you do, Individual is like Human but more melodic. Symbolic would be Human if you added incredible production, made it way more melodic and made the songs slightly more straight-forward.

Cheers again man, Death albums aren't incredibly easy to find here across in Scotland but I'm always on the look out for them.

I'll be in Scotland August 2005 for the William Wallace tribute. I'm a Scottish(and some Irish) American but have never been to your beautiful country yet. Can't wait!

I'll be in Scotland August 2005 for the William Wallace tribute. I'm a Scottish(and some Irish) American but have never been to your beautiful country yet. Can't wait!

Is the Wallace tribute in Stirling? That's where the Wallace monument is anyways. For some reason there's a statue of Mel Gibson there now. :confused:
Enjoy Scotland dude!