Favorite Death riff?

EffigyForgotten

New Metal Member
May 22, 2012
Minas Morgul
Sup guys considering how much I love the band death and the fact that I think chuck schuldiner is the best songwriter in death metal history I think it would be cool to see how my favorite songs/riffs differ from others. (like old school death metalers will probably prefer their older stuff up to human and prog guys would love individual thought patterns to chucks later stuff like control denied)

For me my favorite riff is 2:17 in this song just genius!

Followed by 1:05 and 2:22 here

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgx3sp_hTJw&feature=related[/ame]

I also think their best song to learn if your a beginner or just learning your first death metal song is this

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: thought it said 'favorite death METAL riff'. Starting new thread, lol.

Hard to nail down any from Death but immediately comes to mind is the chorus riff in 'Denial of Life' off of Scream Bloody Gore. :)

Scavenger of Human Sorrow Solo from 3:27 to 4:12. I havnt listened to Death in YEARS because Ive overplayed them to the point where Im just not interested anymore...But revisiting that solo brought me back for sure...

I like the choruses of Secret Face and Crystal Mountain and the heavy instrumental part in Open Casket that I don't know what to call but you know what part it is.

Death will always be one of my favorites. I discovered Death during Spring break of 1990, just after Spiritual Healing came out. I still recall the unbearable anticipation waiting for Human to drop; Seasons in the Abyss got a lot of spins in that year but was quickly forgotten once the Death disc was available.