favorite death songs

In no specific order of favorite songs: Zero Tolerance, Trapped in a Corner, Voice of The Soul, Empty Words, Zombie Ritual, Secret Face, Scavenger of Human Sorrow, AHH! TOO MANY TO LIST!!!! Each and every Death song is amazing from beggining to end. :headbang:

News_Chuck-2.JPG

1 - Lack of Comprehension
2 - 1,000 Eyes
3 - Mentally Blind
4 - Sacred Serenity
5 - Suicide Machine
6 - Scream Bloody Gore
7 - Bite The Pain
8 - Crystal Mountain
9 - Leprosy
10 - Vacant Planets

Mhm... Top Ten would be:

Symbolic
Zero Tolerance
The Flesh And The Power It Holds
Pull The Plug
Spirit Crusher
Lack Of Comprehension
The Philosopher
Jealousy
Spiritual Healing
Crystal Mountain

Now this was a hard choice.. *g*

ziggy1706 said:
leprosy, the philosopher, born addicted to cocaine, altering the future, misanthrope

"born addicted to cocaine" actually is from the lyrics of Living Monstrosity, I don't know of any song going by that name.

Open casket changed my life so that's one heh...
Zombie ritual, spiritual healing, sacrificial, left to die, choke on it, low life (james murphy had to have written that doom riff), flattening emotions, lack of comprehension, vacant planets, jealousy, the philosopher, nothing is everything trapped in a corner, empty words, 1000 eyes, without judgement, misanthrope, flesh and the power it holds, story to tell, voice of the soul

Long live chuck and metal as it literally died with him.

Every song Chuck wrote is simply amazing, but my personal favourites are: Destiny, Zero Tolerance, Together as one, Spiritual Healing, The Story to Tell...

I never understood why 'crystal mountain' is often so favored. Since the first time I listened to it it was the most unintense song on Symbolic so that I always overjumped it, and I never got into it, nor do I see why somebody else could like it more than the songs that surround it. It's also a quite simple song.

It's hard to pick a favorite cause they're all so kick ass. But I'd have to list among my top choices to be; Perennial Quest, To Forgive Is To Suffer, Sacred Serenity, Low Life,Together as One, and Cosmic Sea, to name a few. If I had to pick one that suited my frame of mind and where I'm at in my life right now it would have to be Perrenial Quest. My favorite Lyric of his has always been from that song. "Those who stood behind me, I'm glad you understand, That behind these written words, I share the simple plan, To hang on, To the, Way that, We feel." That line has always held a special meaning for me. I do share the same feelings and thoughts about Metal. R.I.P Chuck. "Metal Brothers Unite". :headbang:

there are so many great tunes to list; each disc has several standouts. My favorites Discs are Spiritual Healing, and Human. I lived in Orlando and Ft Lauderdale when the scene was peaking in the early 90's and used to see Obituary, Malevolent, Cynic and others @ the Beecham Theater in Orlando and many clubs in S. Fla.
SBG=sacrificial, zombie ritual
Leprosy=pull the plug, forgotten past, choke on it
SH=Living Monstrosity, Low Life, Within The Mind, Spiritual Healing, Killing Spree
Human=ALL (Cynic members - gave a shot in the arm to this disc) Excellent, Technical Death!!
ITP=Philosopher
Symbolic=1000 eyes, Crystal Mountain
TSOP=Scavenger of Human Sorrow, Spirit Crusher, Flesh and the power it holds, Painkiller (Awesome Cover!!)

Höögör said:
I never understood why 'crystal mountain' is often so favored. Since the first time I listened to it it was the most unintense song on Symbolic so that I always overjumped it, and I never got into it, nor do I see why somebody else could like it more than the songs that surround it. It's also a quite simple song.
Wow really not sure what to say to that. To me, Crystal Mountain is one of Death's finest songs. It's lyrics, drumming, riffs, solo(short but great) and basically everything about the song is incredible. I love the chorus and think it's very memorable. I dunno I just think it's a great song and would use it as one of a few songs to show to somebody new to Death to show all of Death's range.

BeyondtheUnholyGrave said:
Wow really not sure what to say to that. To me, Crystal Mountain is one of Death's finest songs. It's lyrics, drumming, riffs, solo(short but great) and basically everything about the song is incredible. I love the chorus and think it's very memorable. I dunno I just think it's a great song and would use it as one of a few songs to show to somebody new to Death to show all of Death's range.

I have to agree with Beyond on this one. It is one of my most favorite songs of all. It's one of my favorite to play on my guitar also.

tough one.

they're all equally awesome,
but..to name a few
spiritual healing
within the mind
voice of the soul
zombie ritual
pull the plug
altering the future
lack of comprehension
scavenger of human sorrow
without judgement

ribbon.jpg

chucks nephew said:
hi my name is chris chuck was my uncle so i obviously grew up with his music

i just wanted to know wat r ur guys favorite death songs.

mine are the philosopher, crystal mountain, trapped in a corner,voice of the soul, symolic, and a story to tell. symbolic holds the most meaning for me because it actually reflects my life with chuck. "things that mat not seem important now but may be tomorrow." that lyric never really touched me so much until after chuck died because its the truth cherish everything because someday it could be gone forever..........

let the metal flow

very happy to see you here. i hope you are doing well and i hope to soon have an excellent album of Chucks music finished and ready for you to listen to soon. i talk to your grandmother every couple weeks to bring her up to date on the progress. i trust she has been passing those updates on to you.

contact me any time Christopher, i will email you my new numbers.

and here are my favorite Death songs in no particular order:

See Through Dreams
Within The Mind
Perennial Quest
Crystal Mountain
A Moment Of Clarity
Spiritual Healing
Symbolic (i inevitably play this riff every time i pick up a guitar)

and many more...

Ah, man it's so great to see so many people who love Death. They are probably one of my favorite bands and probably the most influential to me. Right now I'd have to say that 1000 Eyes and Spirit Crusher are my most listened to songs.

Dreadful said:
...low life (james murphy had to have written that doom riff)...

yes, i wrote the doom riff in Lowlife, as well as a few other riffs in that song. Chuck and i wrote very well together... my best memories of my time in Death are of the 3 weeks i spent co-writing 4 of Spiritual Healing's 8 songs with Chuck, Terry, and Billy immediately prior to entering Morrisound. we clicked very well when it came to writing and we had fun doing it!

I thought I'd posted in this before, but I guess not! Okay then.

Empty Words
Flesh and the Power It Holds
Crystal Mountain
Scavenger of Human Sorrow
Story to Tell
The Philosopher

And as far as instrumentals:
Voice of the Soul

Really, I love a lot of the later Death songs...considering I own a lot of the later Death CD's.

The sounds of perseverance album has been in my cars cd player since I first bought it years ago and I listen to it every single day and just cant get sick of it.

Hi. This is my first post here, as I'm not really a Death fan (yet). I got the Live in L.A. (Death and Raw) CD many months ago, thought it was good, but didn't have an actual album until yesterday, when I purchased Human. I like it! I have not listened to it all yet, though, just the first couple of tracks. Very killer stuff! A perfect blend of technical musicianship and headbanging goodness, especially in Flattening of Emotions. Hm, I need to go listen to that now.... I'd be able to concentrate solely on it, except I have also purchased in the last few days:

Xasthur - Suicide in Dark Serenity
Bethlehem - Dictius Te Necare
Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
Venom - Black Metal
Darkthrone - Soulside Journey
Fenriz Presents... Best of Old School Black Metal
Crebain/Leviathan split
Mayhem - Dawn of the Black Hearts
Also, I have been ordering/winning stuff online, like a Bathory shirt, the Xasthur/Leviathan split LP, and, most importantly, KATATONIA - JHVA ELOHIM METH blue demo tape, which will be signed and personally dedicated by Anders Nyström (Blakkheim), founding member of the band...

...so I've got a lot on my hands. ^_^ Anyway, I think I'm going to go listen to Human now. I'm a latecomer, so I'll go ahead and say, 'R.I.P. Chuck', because even I, who until recently have never delved into his music, was saddened when I found out about his passing (my uncle died of cancer, too). But I suppose he has Quorthon to keep him company. T_T

Ryan

Favorite songs?

The entire Spiritual Healing record.
Suicide Machine
Destiny
In Human Form
Crystal Mountain
Perennial Quest
Spirit Crusher
Voice of the Soul

I really should just put all of them here. That's one thing I've always loved about Death's music, there were never any songs to skip over.

I got into death in 90, when I was 13. My best friend at the time loaned me his copy of Spiritual Healing, and sent me down the path of Death metal, and guitar playing.

I owe everything I've ever gotten out of playing guitar to Chuck and James.

RIP Chuck