Debut Album Re-Release Video Update

THEOCRACY: DEBUT ALBUM RE-RELEASE VIDEO UPDATE

The debut album from the Athens, Georgia-based melodic metal band THEOCRACY will be re-released through Ulterium Records. Check out a video update below where THEOCRACY vocalist Matt Smith explains the band's approach to the re-mix, and shares his thoughts on the album in general.

Video link:

The THEOCRACY debut album was originally released through MetalAges Records in 2003, and is currently very rare and hard to find. No release date is set for the re-release yet, but more information and updates will follow.

For more information on Theocracy;
Official website: http://www.theocracymusic.com
Official facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/theocracyband

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds amazing guys, the riffs sound much heavier and thougher with Shawn's excellent drumming. I'm buying it for sure, can't wait!

Sounds absolutely fantastic. I'm getting it the first day I can.

I'm very curious, though, to know what Matt did to get the vocals sounding so much better. It was good before, but there were some pitchy places which have disappeared, from the sound of it. If nothing was re-recorded, I wonder if Matt used any auto-tuning?

Definitely sounds a lot more treble-y and a lot less bass-y. Not sure if I like, but that's probably because just like Matt said, I have a clinging to the original for listening to it so many years. Still excited for anything Theocracy though. :headbang:

That's a lot of work yanking all those wave files off that old 4416. Sounds great, looking forward to this Matt!

That was really cool. I've been wondering about how this was progressing. I enjoyed hearing Matt's commentary on the songs.

Looking forward to hearing the album with real drums, although TBH I think the improved production is just as important. The original album, despite it's flaws, is one of my all-time favorites, so it's going to be real treat when this comes out.

I was quite surprised by the difference between the old and new. Very well done!

Just stopping by again to say, thanks for the in-depth interview too. Was cool to hear all that.

And I love listening to the comparison clips. Them drums on that remix! Put some Benson on dat, lol. Gonna play this so loud when I get it. Sounds amazing.

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on this. While I love the original album, I think the drum machine has always held it back for me from being a true favorite the way Mirror and World are.

Any plans to include a bonus disc of the original album in it's original form, similar to the way Edguy did with their Savage Poetry re-record?

Definitely sounds a lot more treble-y and a lot less bass-y. Not sure if I like, but that's probably because just like Matt said, I have a clinging to the original for listening to it so many years. Still excited for anything Theocracy though. :headbang:

I agree, based on the short clip from the video I am not sure I like it more than the original mastering. Will definitely buy it and give it a fair chance though.

Bump for update!
I'm going bonkers trying to limit playing the debut album, so my head will be sheared off with awesomeness when I hear the remaster... anybody heard anything?