THEOCRACY: DEBUT ALBUM TO BE RE-RELEASED

Honestly, I would like redone vocals because Matt has really gotten better and better. On the first album, his words weren't nearly as clear as they are now. Plus, some of the group vocals kinda sound iffy (mainly in "The Serpent's Kiss" chorus)

But I can't wait to get this re-release. I have the original, but it doesn't have the original case :mad:

I agree. Matt, even though you rocked from the start, your voice has developed so much and this re-release deserves some fresh lead vocal tracks :) But I will buy it no matter how the band chooses to do it!

Ever see those Clariton commercials where they do a swipe and the image is clearer and more colorful? You didn't realize in the beginning of the commercial that it was crappy until that moment. A cleaned up clip I heard of "Mountain" is like that. And that's without new drums.

Ever see those Clariton commercials where they do a swipe and the image is clearer and more colorful? You didn't realize in the beginning of the commercial that it was crappy until that moment. A cleaned up clip I heard of "Mountain" is like that. And that's without new drums.

Did you just call the old "Mountain" crap? :erk:

Look at it this way:

Fact: The old Mountain is awesome.
Fact: The new Mountain makes the old Mountain seem crappy.
Fact: The only way to make something awesome seem crappy is to be mind-blowingly amazing.
Conclusion: The new Mountain is mind-blowingly amazing.

Please stop doing that :erk:
"Mountain" was one of the songs that got me hooked on Theocracy, and the one my girlfriend despised due to the "churchy" organ intro. After a few weeks it became one of her favorite songs and I can see her youtube history filled with Theocracy videos.

(I know what you guys mean, don't worry :) )

How come you get to hear the tracks early? D:

I belong to a special Theocracy club where I pay Matt $500/mo to listen to the music early. I also get to suggest ideas. Like Matt originally titled "Laying the Demon to Rest" as "Laying the Baby to Rest" until I suggested the "demon" part.

ExtrasGiggle.gif

This is sweet news update! I'm also happy to read in the details that tney aren't going to really change it much besides puttin some Benson on it hahah. Long ago I thoight new vocals would be good, but after hearing those songs so many times now, it'd be a bummer to have em changed. It sounds good with it, and it's like they say, a time stamp(or somethin). It just wouldn't be the same, so i'm glad they're leaving it alone.

Man, hearing these tracks re-mastered and with real drums is going to be amazing. So glad they're doing this. Thanks!

This is the best news for me in a long time. I was one of the fans who asked Ulterium for a re-release. And i loved the idea of real drums so the album will be really complete. Besides this there´s no extra change needed. Please guys, get this album ready in time to be my birthday (december, 16) or christmas gift !

There were a lot of ways we could go, but ultimately we decided that people love that album and it's a snapshot in time, so we didn't want to completely redo something people are attached to. We'd rather present the best-sounding version we can of what's already there, with one change that seemingly everyone wants to hear: real drums!

Boy, that sounds familiar.

I see a piece of artwork as a moment in time. It says something about the times we live in (or lived it at that time) and the artist's place at that time. I don't think anyone is against going back and fixing obvious errors or deficiencies (like the drum machine), but as soon as you talk about "improving" things that are already good, you are changing the art.

I totally get that this ablum needs to get re-released and made available, but I will apparently be part of a minority of people saddened if it turns into a different piece of art in the process.

Oh yeah! Cooler heads prevail! I know what I'm getting people for Christmas and birthdays and weddings and Mother's Day and Father's Day and Be Kind to Lawyers Day.