DECADAWN: 20 Questions

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
As asked by Mark Bridgeman

/bandpics/20Qs/decadawn_logo.gif​

Decadawn are a 4-piece, melodic extreme band from Montreal, Quebec.

Who are you and what do you do in Decadawn?
My name is Louis-Charles and I fill the vocals and lead guitar position. I do all the song writting (music also!).

Where's the band from?
Montreal, Quebec (Canada)

Who're your major influences?
Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates, Old Man's Child, In Flames, Savatage, Marty Friedman.. etc!

What's your local scene like?
It could be better, here local bands keep bashing each others... Anyway!..

How can people hear your music?
Right now we're working on our cover art for our 1st demo.. but the songs can be downloaded from http://www.ampcast.com/decadawn .

If you could play a gig with 3 other bands, who would it be?
Night In Gales (old), Opeth, In Flames.. Savatage ;)

/bandpics/20Qs/decadawn_main.jpg​

What's your best gig memory?
Obliveon.... in 1996 at the BackStreet bar.... it was so intense.. they played almost all the NEMESIS album..

What's your worst?
I don't keep memories of shitty concerts ;)

Would you describe your sound as Hot or Cold?
well if you give me the choice... Hot ;)

What are you plans for the future?
Getting an album recorded!!!!! (we're at song #5 now! lol)

What song of yours should people listen to before any other?
Well... since all our songs have a different style/mood.. if you like In Flames then go for "RazorTears".. if you like Opeth and Night In Gales, then listen to "Dust In Veins", or if you like more intense stuff such as At The Gates , Soilwork, "HypoChrist" should do it.. ;)

If a label said they'd sign you for a 10 album, multi-million £ deal, providing you got rid of one of your members (you can choose!), would you do it?
YES... I'm not crazy!.. There's tons of musicians.. and record deals are rare.. ;) (sorry guys!!! ahah)

What's your favourite album of all time, and why?
Tough question... Morningrise from Opeth would be it..

What was the main reason you became a musician?
When I got the black album from Metallica, I had a friend who was playing guitar and he showed me what he could play over the CD's music.. and I asked dad :"Can u get me an electric guitar please?". When I finally got one, it was tougher than I thought.. I bought myself a tab book (And Justice for All, Metallica) and then it started getting easier and easier.. ;) So i think the main reason would be that I wanted to play the songs while listening to my CDs..

How would you like to be remembered?
Any other way than a picture on a milk box.

What's the first word that comes to mind when you see the word MANOWAR!
Glorious crushing metal!

What one location in the world would you love to play a gig at?
GOTHENBURG!!!!!!!! (or Hollywood! ahah)

What do you think of the current metal magazines? Which rock, and which are shit?
BW&BK rocks!.. Metal Edge SUCKS!.. (it would be better if they changed their paper type..)

Tell us 3 good reasons why people should listen to you?
-Because our songs are all different... (not repetitive!)
-Because we're not doing bad stuff. ;)
-Because our drummer's a sex symbol.. lol

/bandpics/20Qs/decadawn_drummer.jpg​

Any message for your fans and the UM masses?
WHIPLASH! Oh and... a message from Marco: "Don't forget to alternate hands when you masturbate".. thank you goodnight :)