Decapitated Drummer (Witold "Vitek" Kieltyka) Dead at 23

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Drummer Witold "Vitek" Kieltyka of the Polish extreme metal band DECAPITATED passed away in a Russian hospital from injuries sustained in a recent road collision. He was 23 years old.

Vitek and DECAPITATED singer Covan (real name: Adrian Kowanek) were injured in an accident earlier in the week involving DECAPITATED's tour bus and a truck carrying wood in Gomel, on the Russia/Belarus border. Both musicians reportedly sustained serious head injuries in the collision, which is believed to have been the fault of the band's driver (although this has not yet been officially confirmed).

According to the Polish Internet portal Onet.pl, Vitek underwent trepanation, a form of surgery in which a hole is drilled or scraped into the skull, and was due to be transported to a hospital in Krakow, Poland for further treatment.

Covan's family released a statement yesterday (Thursday, November 1) that the vocalist's condition had improved. At the time, the vocalist was still said to be at a hospital in Novozybkov, Russia, where he and Vitek were taken following the accident.

yeah, i saw that ... that sucks and is really sad ...

so they are off the Amon Amarth tour ... not sure if I want to go now, will play it by ear.

good thing I caught them a few years ago.

bad fucking news ...

yeah, i saw that ... that sucks and is really sad ...

so they are off the Amon Amarth tour ... not sure if I want to go now, will play it by ear.

good thing I caught them a few years ago.

bad fucking news ...
Actually, Paula was planning on picking up your ticket today. She mistakenly grabbed 4 tickets, instead of 5. She's been meaning to go back and grab a 5th. She was planning to do that today. Should I tell her to hold off?

Zod

don't pick one up if you have not done so ... thanks anyway.
will play it by ear ... I am sure there will be tickets at the door the day of

Vitek was just 12 when Decapitated was formed in 1996 and 17 when their debut was released!

this is very sad

i will definately be blasting decapitated all day once i'm off from work in honor and rememberence of vitek

It is a loss, and one thing that shocked me is that he was the same age as I am now. I like the band alot, too bad.

they fuckin' smoke live ... i hope they will continue their career when they are ready ...

Last edited by a moderator:
that is REALLY sad. In all honestly, I always thought the drumming on Decaptiated was the highlight.

For fucks sake, Nihility wouldn't be what it was if it weren't for the drumming.

RIP.

one of the few drummers that actually added something to songs besides a barrage of speed ...
as sterile and technical as his drum sound was ... he had some awesome accents and groove

Why were they trepanning? That's a bit different than removing skull to relieve pressure.

its insane how young these guys were when they started
the metal community is always losing great musicians. Why cant the emo bands start dying off instead
blasting spheres of madness