Decapitated Drummer (Witold "Vitek" Kieltyka) Dead at 23

Decapitated is one of the few death metal bands I love and I always appreciated how much the drumming fit each song. Definitely a loss.

This is truly an horrible nightmare for the band and the metal community. I feel terrible for vogg and the rest of the family. :erk: It's weird too, because I was rocking out to The Negation last night and nihility today and I hadn't listened to them for months(don't ask me how this travesty occurred), and then with their great songs stuck in my head I went to the website curious if they're touring or what not, only to find out about this tragic occurrence. Someone said it earlier and it couldn't have been said better " For fuck' s sake, he made nihility the album it was" which is so true. I love every aspect about decapitated, but I'll be godamned if he wasn't the best at making a drum fill more than just a drum fill! He made it a part of the already sick as fuck song structure! Rest in Peace Vitek!:kickass:

I might want to pick one up sometime too.

Sorry to hear about this guy! Driving sucks.
Feel bad for the rest of the band (and other people) who were involved in the accident.

sterile sounding maybe ... but that was inentional ...
by the numbers? ... hmm ... maybe i missed something in the 90's as far as DM beacuse Nihility was the disc that brought me back after not listening to metal on a full time basis for about 7 years ... spheres of madness and babylons pride alone are worht the price of admission.
heck even Jk was converted after having the same opinion

He died at 23 on Halloween? How River Phoenix of him.... how horrible.

That is really terrible... I've been hearing about a lot of fatal car crashes lately. The worst being here in CT a week ago a truck driver slammed into the barrier and wasn't wearing his seat belt so he was flung from the truck, through the windshield, and onto the other side of the highway. Needless to say... body parts everywhere.

They ended up closing down the highway because they were finding pieces of him as far as 20 miles North from where he was. Fucking disgusting.

Not entirely related but still, I thought you guys would like that.