Decapitated Guitar tone

STINNETT

Bad / Nationwide
Dec 12, 2005
USA
www.stinnettguitars.com
Hey guys,
I've searched, but managed to find next to no information about the production on Decapitated's albums. Specifically "Nihility". That guitar tone makes me want to fucking slap somebody. Seriously. Those growling chords are like smack for my ears. Addicting.

Anyway.....does anybody know what they were using in the studio when that album was recorded? Any information about that production would just make my day!

Winds of Creation has a more aggressive and in your face guitar tone, IMO. Just has the rawest most brutal tone out of all the albums. Dunno what he used on any of the albums...however, live he used two JCM2000 full stacks, but those were Vader's stacks...so I really don't know.

~006

006 said:
Winds of Creation has a more aggressive and in your face guitar tone, IMO. Just has the rawest most brutal tone out of all the albums. Dunno what he used on any of the albums...however, live he used two JCM2000 full stacks, but those were Vader's stacks...so I really don't know.

~006

Hey, I haven't listened to that album in a while. I seem to remember it having WAY more bass guitar, and a more scooped and trebley guitar tone.
A kick ass album for sure. I need to revisit that one too. I just got hung up on Nihility again a couple weeks ago after forgeting about it for about a year...:D ...I always do that.

Yeah, I think it has the best production for their sound out of all the albums. Just had that raw kick you in the balls sound. I like it a lot. I think it works better for them than the albums after it, thats just me though. :)

~006

On the live pictures I've seen of this tour, it was a Boogie Rectifier and a Boogie cabinet.

That said, on Organic, James Boyd and I are willing to bet it's an XXX and boost mixed with a Recto. Sounds fucking amazing.