Decapitated- Nihility

Baletempest

Singer of Strange Songs
Aug 13, 2002
Far Above the Trees
Visit site
Are there any other fans of this album out there, It was my first experiance of death metal and it got me compleatly hooked. It is well written, superbly performed and well worth the aclaim that Vader gave them.

ah yes....here we have something good to talk about in the new Decapitated Disc. Now this time around we find mature song writing acompanied w/ razor sharp riffs and a percussive battering ram and I like this album even more then winds of creation because there is more melody here then before.All in all you can't go wrong w/ this piece of work 8 of 10 this platter of brutal death is well worth your $$$

I couldn't stand it... Winds of Creation was 100% better...

Spheres of Madness is just idiodic crap basically, and it shares ALOT in common with Chimara's "Severed" so, you draw your own conclusions.

There is no "Classics" on this record either, it's all pretty generic, nothing like Winds of Creation at all... sad, they are a talented bunch of young lads.

Originally posted by Trapped
Spheres of Madness is just idiodic crap basically, and it shares ALOT in common with Chimara's "Severed" so, you draw your own conclusions.

I thought you loved Chimaira :err:

I don't mind a few songs, but that is when they are played by chimaira, not when they are played by decapitated... New decapitated is too simple, not enough complexity like the first one!

I like Nihility.....other than the clickety clickety clickety CRAP double bass production I think it's pretty neat stuff. I've not heard anything from Winds Of Creation......must check it out.

i'm thinking of purcashing nihility soon, didn't like WoC too much. what i've heard, the riffs are far more memorable and i'm not the hugest fan of total complexity. actually i've had that riff from the title track stuck in my head all day.

Too simple??? No fuckin way. I really dig this album. My only complaint is that the drums sound a little too unnatural. Not taking away from Vitek's drumming at all - he's a bad ass. Vogg's guitar playing is fucking incredible as well. I don't listen to that much new death metal, but this shit reminds me of the old school catchy shit that I like. Even more awesome to watch live!

I also like the album, i go back and forth on the production i think it took ballz for them to experiment with there sound
yeah its speedy and drum heavy... but sence when is that a bad thing? its shure heavy as hell i think its good for what it is, not to mention production aside its all well written and fairly technical... deffinatly better then what most "big death" acts are putting out these days... and i gotta admit i like it more then whinds "material" wize, production wize im not sure...

final 8/10 (but an uplifting 8, with a bright future) ill be looking forward to there next few releases)
-side note i actuly went out and baught it, thats rare for an 8/10 album in my book.
-(the allways honist) Necromancer