DECAPITATED on MTV2 !!!

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
According to www.decapitated.net

"Spheres Of Madness on MTV! 02.07.2003

DECAPITATED's "Spheres of Madness" video has now officially been added to MTV 2 Extreme Rock in the US! It means the video is played on the new show just started in the US. It's a very big news, MTV US in traditionally all hip-hop and rap, now Metal has its own 'extreme' show each week presented by Rob Zombie."

This is awesome news for Decapitated ...
Did anyone catch this???

MTV2 doesn't suck, it has some awesome shows. Headbanger's Ball plays a lot of awesome metalcore and emocore, Extreme Rock does as well (both shows are basically the same, I don't know why they don't just combine them into one 2 hour show). Subterranean plays a lot of awesome indie rock and underground hip hop and 120 Minutes does as well.

Hating on MTV2 is just a retarded cliche, it plays a lot of excellent music.

combining headbangers ball and extreme rock is a BAD thing. the more metal the better!!!! they allready cut extreme rock down to half an hour, they dont need to get rid of it!

anyways, this rules, ill be glad to see the video. theyve been showing hate eternal, kataklysm, death in the past. this should be cool
~gR~

I say it sucks overall because there's so little metal on it. I have to get-up at 5.30 in the morning to go to work, so there's no way i'm staying up to watch the tiny segment of metal they decide to play late at night....other than whatever good metal they show, all the crap like hip-hop just annoys me.

By the way .. this video has been available on www.earache.com for at least 8 months ... for those of you who have not seen it.

......I bet Ian Robinson had something to do with this.

I bet .. he is a big Decapitated fan.

Cannot wait for the new record this fall

we dont get headbangers ball or the extreme rock show over here, fucking sucks

And everyone says that Metal is dead in the US ...
It is not Metal that is dead, or the promotion of it.
It is brainless fans ...

I knew MTV2 has an extreme metal show called Uranium. A few weeks ago on this show there was a premier of a new Suffocation video for a song from their upcoming album. I imagine that Decapitated will be played on this show as well.

It's really lame to have shows like Extreme Rock on at 2 in the fucking morning and The Headgivers Ball on saturday nights. Aren't most people out drinking on saturday night? Anyway, it's still not half as lame as taking MTVX away and replacing it with a 24 hour rap channel, adding more rap to MTV2 and having these gay little shows about Feminem and fiddy cent, that fuck. I've also been noticing less and less actual music on MTV2 lately, and more chit chat and non-music programming. Like, does anyone really care who Stuff magazine, those fucks, think is "fugly"? I don't. It won't be long before Viacom completely ruins that channel like they did MTV and VH1 (for those not counting, VH1 added rap to their rotation, and severely cut back on videos all together so we can see shit like I Love the 80's 20 hours a day). Is VH1 Classics next?

I knew MTV2 has an extreme metal show called Uranium.

Uranium is on Much Music (now called Fuse) ..not MTV.

I cannot believe that they played a Suffocation video ... that is awesome!

As far as you people bitching about Headbangers Ball and Extreme Rock being on in the middle of the night on weekends ... tape the fucking shows!!! That is what VCR's and Tivo are for ...

USed to tape Headbangers Ball in the early 90's every Saturday ... never sat home Saturday night like turd watching it.

Then Sunday morning comes, you have your coffee to cure your hangover and fast forward through all the commercials and crappy videos :)

im not sure if im mis-interpreting what you said lurch but are you calling me brainless? if so, why? because im pissed off that we dont get headbangers ball or extreme rock show over here in england?

im not sure if im mis-interpreting what you said lurch but are you calling me brainless? if so, why? because im pissed off that we dont get headbangers ball or extreme rock show over here in england?

no ..that was not directed at you .. lol

my point was that it seems that there is no Metal on the air in Europe yet the scene is thriving.

yet, here in the US, they are promoting it pretty heavily, and the scene sucks.

So I blame it on the brainless music fans ...

Hope that clears it up :)