Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis

Haha, yeah, the benefit of the overmastering is that it sounds pretty loud no matter what volume it is. Problem is that there's clipping everywhere, and that really comes out on my monitors here. It's fine in the car, and other less discerning speakers though.

Benighted1 said:
Dude they were in the teens on Winds and Nihility just but not anymore....
Hahaa, I knew they must be a bit older know. Maybe it didn't occur to you that I was speaking about their older works, dumbass. I should have typed 'for starting in their teens' though.

The vocals are gay, they are better live. They need to rerelease the album with good vocals, when Covan first joined he sang like shit then changed his style.

I pretty much hate Organic Hallucinosis. It's mainly the new singer's fault. I really don't like him. And for those of you saying they are like all the other extreme metal bands and don't stand out, you must not have heard their albums before this one (especially Nihility and The Negation). I understand what you mean about all these death metal bands sounding the same, but Decapitated easily stands out, or at least they did. They are/were one of my favorite death metal bands.

I think the vocalist's style on Organic Halluciniosis complements the music style perfectly. Maybe that wouldn't have been the case for prior albums, but I think it could just be the fact that you older fans of the band are having a hard time letting go of the old vocalist.

His vocals fit the slightly different presentation of the album, compared to the older releases. The entire thing has slightly more polish and an almost industrial vibe, and his vocals, being less of the 'cookie-monster' variety seem to complement that aesthetic change.

Moonlapse said:
I think the vocalist's style on Organic Halluciniosis complements the music style perfectly. Maybe that wouldn't have been the case for prior albums, but I think it could just be the fact that you older fans of the band are having a hard time letting go of the old vocalist.

His vocals fit the slightly different presentation of the album, compared to the older releases. The entire thing has slightly more polish and an almost industrial vibe, and his vocals, being less of the 'cookie-monster' variety seem to complement that aesthetic change.
Exactly. Sometime Sauron even got a little boring IMO.

I fucking love a poem about an old prison.

I just listened to the first song "A Poem About An Old Prison," and it was pretty cool but I would rather listen to "Nine Steps" or something.

I just bought the album today. I will admit, it took some time to really get used to the new vocalist, but, as was stated, it really complements the music quite well. In my opinion his best work is on Invisible Control. On most of the other tracks, he sings way to slowly for it to work as smoothly as it could.

Still, an awesome album in my opinion.