Decapitated - Organic Hallucinosis

Hmm, starting to get some serious ear fatigue from the mastering on this, as was mentioned - oh well, the downside of having good monitors and a semi-treated room, I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise! :(

hey

mabe i will help u coz im from poland (decapitated!!) and OH is the best production i've ever heard. i can tell u something about gear.

gtrs - ran guitar (emg 81) - mesa road king - sansamp psa 1
BUT i dont remember if the guitars from road king were mixed with mesa triple recto (2 road king tracks, 2 triple tracks)
drums - triggered with Vitek's drums sound samples.

sorry for my english
hope it helped...

I love the way Polish bands sound. It's so clinical, tight as fuck and smashing sound. It can be heard in Vesania too f.ex. even though they are sort of black metal, they've got that typical Polish sound that is just inherited :D I love it

hey

mabe i will help u coz im from poland (decapitated!!) and OH is the best production i've ever heard. i can tell u something about gear.

gtrs - ran guitar (emg 81) - mesa road king - sansamp psa 1
BUT i dont remember if the guitars from road king were mixed with mesa triple recto (2 road king tracks, 2 triple tracks)
drums - triggered with Vitek's drums sound samples.

sorry for my english
hope it helped...
solos on Ibanez UV

hallo guys .I ve been to HERTZ STUDIOS this summer with my band DRUNKARD ,we did our next album there,and as you can think the first think to ask to the guys working there is what gear was used for organic hallucinosis.So

Rhythm Guitars-Mesa 3ple rectifier+randall warhead+sansamp psa 1 straight on board

Lead-Marshall valvestate

All into a mesa 3ple rec cab and a custom one which is the half open and the other half closed from the back.

Bass-I think just sansamp psa 1

If you need any other info about Hertz studios Productions Let me know

PS check our HERTZ production at www.myspace.com/drunkardband

Thanks for that info man.

As far as the bass goes, was it distorted after being recorded, or is that tone all psa-1? It sounds like some signal splitting happened, with the highs being distorted separately.

How was the PSA-1 used on the guitars? 5th set of rhythm tracks? Signal split?

I love this album. I always thought the production suited it perfectly. Loads of people don't like the vocals but I really like the phrasing and register of them. It's pretty different form the usual guttarals following riffs approach that you find in lots of DM.

Thanks for that info man.

As far as the bass goes, was it distorted after being recorded, or is that tone all psa-1? It sounds like some signal splitting happened, with the highs being distorted separately.

How was the PSA-1 used on the guitars? 5th set of rhythm tracks? Signal split?

Well for us they used the Diezel herbert,that was used for guitars,also for the bass.They said guitar amps have better distortion.And yes psa 1 was always split with something else

drunkard, do you know if they're keen on reamp and the such, too?

I'll send them some tracks to mix in the near future.

efharisto, A.

Well for us they didnt take DI tracks and when I asked them why they said they prefer to have the perfect sound from the beginning.And of course they do.Its the best you can do to send your stuff to them to mix it.They are great guys

Bump to this thread...

I want to know how get a kick sound like OH kick, mean no boomy kick with click kick but this really particulary tight kick in the low end. Sound like isn't a natural kick for me...

Any idea?

Marcus, you would do yourself a great favor by getting Winds Of Creation ;). The title track that kicks it off is fucking br00tuhlz :headbang: