6. The Negation
7. Long-Desired Dementia
8. The Empty Throne

Label: Wicked World
Release date: 2004
Artist site: http://www.decapitated.net/
GRADE:
9.5/10

I remember when DECAPITATED stormed on to the death metal scene with their first release, Winds Of Creation. The amazing technicality and songwriting that these very young teenagers possessed was unbelievable. When they took it even a step further with their next, Nihility, no one was expecting it. Now, having established themselves as a band to be reckoned with, and at such a young age, they unleash The Negation.

The Negation is 8 tracks, 30 minutes. No nonsense. "The Fury" rips it out right from the get-go. Longtime fans need not worry, the all out balls to the wall attack is still fully intact. Amazing lead solos... like the press release says, "state of the art metal." Check out the breakdowns in "Three-Dimesional Defect." Fans of SUFFOCATION should be sure and absorb "Lying And Weak," the vocals remind me of Frank Mullen in particular. One of my favorite moments comes in the riff of "Sensual Sickness." Simply wicked, along with "Calling" and well... pretty much the rest of the cd!!

That being said, any further analysis would result in me getting caught in the thralls of fanboydom. If you're a fan of death metal, you've probably made up your mind as to whether you like my calls on cds or not, this one's got both of my thumbs UP. Straight Up Your Ass.

PJ