Deceased - Reggies Feb 16th saturday

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Anyone else going to this show? Should be a great time. Deceased are a blast live. Full of energy. Disinter ( reunion ), a Slayer cover band, Di Amorte, and Everscathed are also on the bill. 7 PM start time too so it wont be a late one.

here is the set list for those interested....

night of the deceased
a witness to suspiria
fading survival
haunted cerebellum
the premonition
the triangle
a very familiar stranger
robotic village
cloned (day of the robot)
craving illness
silent creature
fearless undead machines
tormentor
black metal

So they posted their setlist in advance of the show????

Is "Black Metal" a VENOM cover I presume?

I actually wouldn't mind going to this show but I am not free.

Disinter are a really good live band. I only saw them once, but was really impressed.

Who couldn't resist a SLAYER cover band!!!!!!
I wonder if their vocalist is a practicing Catholic?

No, on facebook King posted the flyer and I asked if they were doing this one song I like and he posted the set list. Tormentor is the Kreator cover and yes...Black Metalis Venom. Deceased have 2 cover albums out...one with metal songs and the other punk ones.

here is the punk listing....from Rotten To The Corpse

I'm Not Jesus (Ramones Cover) / Lyrics
Here To Stay (Sheer Terror Cover) / Lyrics
False Profit (English Dogs Cover) / Lyrics
Ultra Violent (N.O.T.A. Cover) / Lyrics
Nothing (Plasmatics Cover) / Lyrics
World Peace (Cro-Mags Cover) / Lyrics
Eliminator (Agnostic Front Cover) / Lyrics
You Stupid Jerk (Angry Samoans Cover) / Lyrics
Corporate Death Burger (MDC Cover) / Lyrics
Right Brigade (Bad Brains Cover) / Lyrics
Violent World (45 Grave Cover) / Lyrics
V.A. Rocks Your Liver (Verbal Abuse Cover) / Lyrics
California Uber Alles (Dead Kennedys Cover) / Lyrics
Social Security (Excel Cover) / Lyrics
State Oppression (Raw Power Cover) / Lyrics
Bodies (Sex Pistols Cover) / Lyrics

and from the metal one....Zombie Hymns

Black Metal (Venom Cover) /Lyrics
Violence And Force (Exciter Cover) /Lyrics
Witching Metal (Sodom Cover) /Lyrics
2 Minutes To Midnight (Iron Maiden Cover) /Lyrics
SATO (Ozzy Osbourne Cover) /Lyrics
Blower (Voivod Cover) /Lyrics
Doomed By The Living Dead (Mercyful Fate Cover) /Lyrics
Dis-Organ-Ized (Impetigo Cover) /Lyrics
Die By The Sword (Slayer Cover) /Lyrics
Not To Touch The Earth (The Doors Cover) /Lyrics
Metal Church (Metal Church Cover) /Lyrics
Wrathchild (Iron Maiden Cover) /Lyrics
Bombs Of Death (Hirax Cover) /Lyrics
Fire In The Sky (Saxon Cover) /Lyrics
Nuns Have No Fun (Mercyful Fate Cover) /Lyrics
Headhunter (Krokus Cover) /Lyrics
Stay Clean (Motörhead Cover) /Lyrics
Die Hard (Venom Cover) /Lyrics
Tormentor (Kreator Cover) /Lyrics
Chemical Warfare (Slayer Cover

Deceased is playing in Chattanooga soon, a fairly short drive from Atlanta. I'll probably check it out. They were excellent at MDF 2010. Although I would prefer "Breaking the Law" to "Black Metal"...

Doubtful. It's basically impossible for me to ever go on Thursday and Friday now, and Saturday's lineup is fairly weak. Sunday is good, but not good enough for me to spend a few hundred out of my Euro-vacation fund for this upcoming summer. Now, if I can score a last minute $125 round trip flight like I was able to last year, that might change. I'll manage to buy you a beer one of these days...

I am trying hard to make Sunday work. Hot Damn!!! Manilla Road, PAgan Altar, Pentagram, Venom, Exodus, and a couple others I am semi interested in checking out like Speedwolf, Sleep, and Midnight.

I am trying hard to make Sunday work. Hot Damn!!! Manilla Road, PAgan Altar, Pentagram, Venom, Exodus, and a couple others I am semi interested in checking out like Speedwolf, Sleep, and Midnight.

Didn't know Sleep was that day too. I would love to see Speedwolf in addition. I love what I've heard. The only of those bands I don't have interest in is Exodus.

King Fowley who fronts Deceased also fronts October 31.

Yeah, Wouldn't go out of my way to see Sleep but would be cool to see them, even though I am a much bigger HoF fan.

King Fowley who fronts Deceased also fronts October 31.

Yeah, Wouldn't go out of my way to see Sleep but would be cool to see them, even though I am a much bigger HoF fan.

Yeah I knew that from the announcement. Still, not really familiar with either. I'll give October 31 another listen and try Deceased.

Yeah Bob, because you go to shows ALL the time of bands you aren't into......jsut to hang out... LOL....

October 31 are a hoot. They seriously remind me more of a punk band than a metal band.
As I said to Bob, they remind me of Poison Idea which will mean nothing to you. (or anyone else here)