Deceased - Reggies Feb 16th saturday

I think if you read between the lines he meant to say "You do not have a sexy woman to spend your weekends with", unless you count your cats or Mendoza.

Holy Smokes! what a show. easily about 300 people there. I havent been to a reggies show this packed since some of the sold out shows there. It was a pain to move around there at times. There was a whole table along the wall with free buffet food and cake and stuff.

the first band...DiAmorte....wow...bad looking gothic guys playing bad death metal. The high light of thier set is when the actors that they have come out and do magic tricks and stuff on stage while the band is playing. Then these hot girls come out with swords and stuff dance around. Everyone had a good laugh at thier expense. they even had fake littel tombstones on stage.

Everscathed was next. super generic stuff.

Hell Awaits the slayer cover band played. It was all the guys from the old chicago band Corpsevomit. They nailed the Slayer sound. People really got into it. They just played stuff from the first few albums.

Disinter played next. Dont get all the hype...they were tight and energetic but just generic death metal. The vocals seemed almost black metal /industrial to me more than death metal. Lots of people were there to see them though.

Deceased came on and tore the place up. not literally. It was great seeing them on a larger stage with lots of people there. Played all the stuff I wanted to hear so that was cool. Someone tossed a whole bunch of cake on the floor and people kept falling in the pit. The had to end it because Earthen was going to come up and do a few songs. I didnt stick around for them...wanted to get food and get home.

Let's hope for the same, or even better, turnout for Ragnarokkr!!!!

Death metal is huge in Chicago. No surprise by this turnout.

Hopefully at least half of that crowd would want to come see October 31.