DECEASED

I really like this band and both those albums I downloaded rule complete face, but I haven't purchased them yet.

Fun Fact: doing a Google Image Search for King Fowley is a great way to brighten up one's day.

Saw them live. I think Nad was there. May or may not have been the time we almost got arrested for knocking over trash cans in a WeHo parking lot. Popo so ineffeciant (thanks libdicks,) they let Mrs. Hill drive us home with a 2.0 alcohol blood content. Today? Probably sentenced to 20 yrs hard labor based on our hue. My have times changed. :erk:

Saw them live. I think Nad was there. May or may not have been the time we almost got arrested for knocking over trash cans in a WeHo parking lot. Popo so ineffeciant (thanks libdicks,) they let Mrs. Hill drive us home with a 2.0 alcohol blood content. Today? Probably sentenced to 20 yrs hard labor based on our hue. My have times changed. :erk:
Ha! Nay, was not I at that show, but! I do recall that tale. Wasn't it a traffic warden, and not an actual cop?! That's how much respect those types have in the US, I don't even know what our proper fucking term for them is, and defaulted to the British.

Anywho, this band rules so fucking hard. I can't choose a single best song to start with, but whatever I am doing, when I hear these two snare cracks to open this album, I am a happy boy:

Reactions: Reign in Acai
@NAD, I dont wish to bump the thread, but turns out YOU WERE THERE. Twas Katatonia, not Deceased!

RC Retro Excerpt:

So nad appear5 wieth his oman to katatonis ah\nd it was a festi val for the agesAfter the sahow qe arrived to the parking structiure a quetrer mile down the styree t and we eeer wattemptin to sober up n\until a f\and aI do mean FAY pRKINF Aattendinent pproach my vehocle approachinf my vebhicle attemptimpting to pull her hadn in the matter. She pproach my joly[oy and requesuted for us to pick up a trasj receptavclkle that either Mike or I tkipped over in the fray, which Mike complied with. At that point w ethought it was all said and done until the Los angeles Sheriiffs department arrived on scene adn throwew us in the back of their nsquqad cars. LMDAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2We thought we were boign g to have to fight <redacted> tognight untul they eventual;ky let us free and let us leavbe intoxicatyed. Bitch was ghastly to m sense. s I puked in my mouth anhd shat on my underoos at the pure sight of hrel After dceaing wit the sheriffs for a good 10 minutes they let us free to laugh at th eparking attendantsS IUNPETITUDW, . Lmfao fyuck that fat bicth!! <redacted>!!! dfat hairy bitch needs to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arghislewnt Arghislent argho.lsenty. We should really be in jail rivght now lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh shit what a night!!

Last edited:
YESSS! That was the night we first met, ha! You bear tackled me and then all we drank mightily until you puked all over the bar. They played MURDER for the encore, and hot damn I nearly crapped my pants. I don't remember getting home (m'lady drove us home... probably), but I do remember laying in bed the next morning giggling about what a blast it was. Good times.

Agreed. I retired from playing, going to shows, having fun, etc. but that was all pre-2020. The things we take for granted sometimes. I am now ready to rekindle my younger days and enjoy a lot of socializing and live music once again. And will, soon even!

@NAD

This was probably my fave RC related event of all time as it always brings a chuckle. Had to read the first excerpt to the wife after she saw me chortling at the dinner table. "Who you talking to?" Me-"Oh just reading something I wrote 14 yrs ago."

RC Excerpt 2:

To sum up the incoherent mess that I posted above...

We left the venue after Katatonia's performance and traversed half a mile up the hill to the parking structure where earlier that night we were drinking in the name of everything that is unholy. Upon arrival to the multi level sub-ground structure we enter my ghetto fabulous jalopy, three sheets to the wind and four to the kindle. At that precise moment in time we heard a rustling in the bushes. "Hark, who goes thar?” we shouted in to the night. This fat bitch tipping the scales around 300 pounds approaches my vehicle with indignation, "Would you mind picking up that trash can you kicked over?" Apparently I pushed, kicked, or prodded a trash receptacle on to its side somewhere along our voyage. In all honesty, I do not have any recollection towards this specific transgression, as our reign of terror was half a mile in length and 10 yards across.

We didn’t know who this bitch was,. we figured she was just a nosy citizen who contributed monthly donations to Green Peace. Well to cut to the chase, Mike picks up the trash and I begin driving off in to the Moon set. That is until we reached the attendant's booth and see this same corpulent cunt glaring us in the face. We pay the God damn parking fee, and the Bitch will still not let us out of the structure. I know for certain that there are laws against this (though I'm in no condition to look up the specifics at the moment). This living breathing bag of Fritos has the audacity to say that L.A Sheriff’s Department is on their way to take care of the situation. We pleaded for several seconds, stating that we complied with everything that she had asked from us. But the bucket wielding seal sternly stood her ground and refused to let us pass. It was at this moment where I called the bitch a cunt. :lol: Repeatedly :lol:

“What should we do, what should we do?!?!” I do not need a DUI, we do not need citations for public intoxication, and we sure do not need to be fighting negars for cot space in L.A County jail. So we decided to reverse the vehicle and drive down 2 levels to collect our thoughts. I attempted to persuade Mike and Luann to leave the scene of the crime, as no arrests could be made if we walked the streets for a bit to get our wits about ourselves. The objective all along from what I recall, was to sit in the vehicle until I was sober enough to drive. That plan went S.N.A.F.U the moment said whore encroached upon our freedoms of public detoxification.

I ran up to the alley the moment that L.A.S.D arrived on scene, but noticed Luann and Mike were stuck in their cross hairs. I attempted to return, but the God damn door to the lot was sealed shut. So I banged furiously on the entrance, as any respecting metal head would not leave friends during such a debacle. This cunt Sheriffs deputy eventually lets me in and they throw Mike and me in the back of two perpendicularly parked squad vehicles. I’m thinking, “O.K great, we just finished conducting multiple Arghoslent chants in between Katatonia songs and now we’re going to be thrown to the nigrescent wolves to do battle in honor of our ancestors.” I pleaded with the cunt deputy, and posed the question of whether or not it is a crime to imbibe furiously and then return to your vehicle to recover? To this she had no firm reply.

To make a long story short, the Sheriffs gave the keys to Mrs. Hill who was blitzed like an N.F.L quarterback with an incompetent offensive line and we then drove off in to the night. But not before Mike smiled and waved in mockery at the attendant who stood there with bread crumbs spouting from a blow hole which marked the oxygen pathway that enables buoyancy in times of torrential sweat.

Reactions: NAD
OMFG :lol:

"O.K great, we just finished conducting multiple Arghoslent chants in between Katatonia songs..."

I say this with no exaggeration whatsoever: these chants were louder than the rest of the crowd combined.

Also I remember you guys met another dude there that you thought was me. You dragged him over to me at one point "THIS IS NAD 2, WE THOUGHT IT WAS YOU" and he was quite pleased to be my doppelganger.

Reactions: Reign in Acai
The Arghoslent chanting has become a time honored tradition once we've reached that unholy crescendo where faculties have been lost. We did the same thing in Portland with EricT after Agalloch. Though on that particular occasion the chanting was post gig while driving through Downtown. May have set the stage for the unrest that occurred years later. :erk:

Last edited: