Decent (affordable)PA system for death metal vocals

nosferatuzodd

New Metal Member
Mar 17, 2010
www.facebook.com
I'm new to the whole PA stuff and was wondering if anyone knows of a decent PA set up strictly for vocals in a death metal band. Is it possible to hook straight into a PA speaker without the use of a mixer, or will I need a mixer and a speaker? I'm thinking i need a mixer because I don't think PA speakers have volume controls. I'm doing vocals through a 100 watt marshal combo currently and I can hardly hear over my half stack and the drums. Any advice is appreciated thanks.

You'll need these:

Microphone
Mixer/Amplifier
Speakers

The microphone is hooked up to the mixer. You can find powered mixers (a combination of mixer and amplifier), sometimes for about the same prices. The mixer is used to work as a preamplifier for the microphone and to adjust the sound for the music you're playing with the EQ settings. The sound is then sent to the amplifier which provides the power for the speakers.

Theres usually lots of used PA stuff at music stores, we have always gotten ours this way

But be sure to buy ones that say "for death metal vocals"

I was thinking of buying the Behringer Europower PMP2000 Powered Mixer and possibly the Behringer Eurolive B1220 Pro PA Speaker. Does anyone have any experience with these or know of how good these can be? I saw some pretty decent reviews for the mixer and it even has 100 preset effects and everything. I figured if I bought the same brand of speaker it should work well.