Def Leppard album 4.29.08 (U.S.)

I listened to it. I liked "Nine Lives" pretty okay. I just wish Tim McGraw wasn't in it. I think the album, as a whole, is just okay. I think they'll play "Nine" and maybe "Go" live. Not too much else to write home about.

I listened to it. I liked "Nine Lives" pretty okay. I just wish Tim McGraw wasn't in it. I think the album, as a whole, is just okay. I think they'll play "Nine" and maybe "Go" live. Not too much else to write home about.

They played "Nine Lives" on Jimmy Kimmel and sounds better without McGraw though Elliot's voice is fucking shot...

Rick Savage looks disturbing...

Last edited by a moderator:
joe elliot can't really sing anymore. i bet they'll do 1 more album and then call it a day

joe elliot can't really sing anymore. i bet they'll do 1 more album and then call it a day

Their label has been very patient with them, I'm very suprised they are still on a major label... I don't know that there is demand for another album. They might as well just tour every summer and make their money off ticket sales, royalties and t-shirts...

Their label has been very patient with them, I'm very suprised they are still on a major label... I don't know that there is demand for another album. They might as well just tour every summer and make their money off ticket sales, royalties and t-shirts...

well i think they have 1 album left on their record deal. i believe joe elliot said that mercury records (which is now owned by island) basically said they will be on that label until they retire since between 1983 and 1995 they made the record label so much money

This is their final album for Mercury.
I have to say, I'm pissed off that they claimed it was like AC/DC crossed with High N Dry. It's simply NOTHING at all like that.

However, I think the songwriting is great on this. And the guitars are heavier than in a long time. And hey, there's even some really nice solos!
I'm really into this album, much more than I expected to be. I don't think it's a pop cop-out like X or Yeah!, and, while not as good as Adrenalize, it's still full of well written tunes. Plenty filler, yeah, but what Leppard album since Retroactive didn't have lots of filler?
I think it's great. I just wish they'd rock a bit harder, spend some more time in songs for instrumental sections and Phil/Viv - fucking SHRED please!

This is their final album for Mercury.
I have to say, I'm pissed off that they claimed it was like AC/DC crossed with High N Dry. It's simply NOTHING at all like that.

However, I think the songwriting is great on this. And the guitars are heavier than in a long time. And hey, there's even some really nice solos!
I'm really into this album, much more than I expected to be. I don't think it's a pop cop-out like X or Yeah!, and, while not as good as Adrenalize, it's still full of well written tunes. Plenty filler, yeah, but what Leppard album since Retroactive didn't have lots of filler?
I think it's great. I just wish they'd rock a bit harder, spend some more time in songs for instrumental sections and Phil/Viv - fucking SHRED please!

wre did you hear its the last album for mercury?