DeFarfalla & Nordin - what happened?

The bass player wanted song-writing royalties, or something like that, even though he didn't write hardly any of the music, so he got ditched. Atleast, that's what Mikael said in an interview in Metal Maniacs a few years ago. I don't know why the drummer left.

yeh Nordin moved away, on good terms. I think Opeth were very sad to see him leave, and i believe they were even temporarily going to split up when it happened.

If I hear...I mean, see! the words SAMBA and GIRLS one more time from you Hearse...I'm going to... (holds fists up) I'm gonna...

Okay...nothing. The obsessions with toilet paper and women though. So primal of you. Sex and shitting. Ah-huh. I see it all so clearly now. Be merry with your Samba visions and your butt wiper, you happy evolved ape. ;)

:err: Now, don't take that too seriously, oh buddy ol' pal. Oh, no god no. I wouldn't want that to happened. It's like something we can tease and taunt you with now you realize. SAMBA SAMBA, toilet paper, SAMBA, paper, hey! SAMBA! Hearse's hideout. Waiting for an unsuspecting Samba girl to use the potty.

kloguck.gif

Anders moved plain and simple and wanted to stay there. He was really upset about leaving the band, but it was in his best interest. Mike was determined, so that's why we've got Opeth today. Defarfalla...

"The bass player wanted song-writing royalties, or something like that..."

I got from it all that Mike didn't want that much bass in the music but Defarfalla protested. They probably disagreed too much. I thought the official site had what happened written down there in the session diaries.

Enter: Ultimate Goofball

OK. You got me there. I actually DO wipe my ass. I gues this means you win. As far as the Samba gals, he's got a point! this place has turned into Samba Central over the past 2 weeks! I kid you not!

bootyshake.gif

As much as I like the work the two martins are doing with Opeth, I have to say that, Morningrise being my favorite creation, I miss Nordin's and DeFarfalla's style. I for one love the bass on Morningrise, and the drumming, although not the most creative, fits quite well in my opinion.

I wish DeFarfalla did something afterwards, he seemed to be creative enough guy.

Sfarog

i really liked nordin's drumming too
it had this laid back feel to it... he had a nice gift for understatement and subtlety, i thought

i read that mikael had to do a lot DeFarfalla's basslines himself during studio time, and he said that defarfalla was somewhat overrated in that regard(not in those exact words)

i dont remember what interview i read that in..

I heard that DeFarfalla "didn't fit in", so he was thrown out. That's what I can remember from the Opeth site.

And I agree with the Morningrise comments... it's like the guitars and bass are all intertwined, making perfect harmonies... oh it's so good.