the deftones never cease to amaze me.

stream the entire new album "koi no yokan" here

my favorite tracks -

entombed
poltergeist
gauze
what happened to you?

...uhhh ok, the whole damn thing. shit!

this is just basic for me. this band has been my GO TO music to feel inspired. they really just bring everything to the table on almost all of their albums... i'm a fanboi. :Smug:

Actually it means premonition of love. My wife is Japanese and loll'd her ass off when I said this to her :D

But yeah, from what I've heard of it so far, sounds like a fucking killer record! The Deftones have been with me for a large part of my life. I'm a totally Deftones whore. Personally I think their drum sounds are some of the best I've ever heard.

I've been hearing Tempest on XM lately and quite like it. I'll check out the rest of the album. Thanks for the link.

Actually it means premonition of love. My wife is Japanese and loll'd her ass off when I said this to her :D

But yeah, from what I've heard of it so far, sounds like a fucking killer record! The Deftones have been with me for a large part of my life. I'm a totally Deftones whore. Personally I think their drum sounds are some of the best I've ever heard.

laughed her ass off? well, i'm not japanese but i lived there for a little bit and my boss is japanese.

and from what we had discussed, ai no yokan does mean "premonition of love" which koi and ai can both mean love.

but i said it was loosely traslated to what -in english- is referred to as "love at first site." which is a common english colloquialism but not so common in japanese conversation (from what i'm told). translations from japanese to english can always be a bit messy. remember "all your base are belong to us?"

classic. :tickled:

it's a great album though. love the drum tones (my favorite too) and chinos melody choices. super awesome! :worship:

i'm Completely impressed.

Just....in love....AGAIN...

Guitars sound like a big epic sea monster :''D
Mr Nick Raskulenicz has done a awesome job!

FOREVER THE DEFTONES!!!

rich costey... really really good job. he is an amazing mixer. from fiona to the deftones now!!!

when the pawn, the new muse album, the paramore single, he is really amazing and has mixed and produced some amazing records in his career. he is most definitely an elite mixer in the same league with all the other rock star mixers. he arguable has more interesting mixes than almost everyone except andy wallace. as far as perspective, automation, use of effects, etc.

Poltergeist just ripped my brain apart, I heard it earlier when I was in a rush and had things going on, thought it was above average, now that I got home and can relax, I played it and fuckk its so damn good. Gotta find the time to hear the whole album.

album rules. to be honest never been that into their sound, but this one ticks all the boxes. good to hear drums sounding BIG and THICK unless the other albums imo

First time I get hooked to Deftones, I feel like I've always been missing the train on them (except I enjoyed Around the Fur back in days of Numetal). I really dig this album, I'm probably gonna buy it !

their label sent me an advanced copy yesterday ...and i am still gonna buy it. the album has ruled my life for the last 24 hours. it really sticks to the bones. :cool:

holy SHITTTTTTTT this is intense.

so STOKED to hear Costeys' take on the Deftones "sound".

He's been one of my biggest inspirations since forever. I absolutely adore everything he does. It's also soooooo intricate and adorned with all these 'easter eggs' as I call them...

Just GENIUS mixing.... and SONICALLY.... always hits it out of the ball park.

incredible..

i miss the catchy melodies they used to have on white pony.
the new stuff all sounds kinda random thrown together...i almost skipped every track.

there were a few track on the last record that were nice (diamond eyes, risk, beauty school)
these tracks still had this typical deftones "atmosphere".

i haven't been much a fan of their last 2 albums...and even the s/t i didn't think was that great, but this album rules. it's like they finally hit the mark on what they've been trying to do ever since white pony. definitely pumped over this one!

wow, really digging the first three songs so far. however, the mix sounds very harsh to my ears. a lot of 2.5 -3k. might be that guitar tone. I'm not too familiar with the deftones sound or steven's guitar sound but I think I read somewhere that he uses greenbacks. are they known for that harshness?