Deja Vu

_Transparent_

May 29, 2001
London, England
Visit site
Does anyone here often get Deja Vu? I get it at least once a week, and it baffles me very time. Is there a scientific explanation for what it is? Becuase sometimes it seems so much like "This has already happened, exactly like this", Sometimes it feels like it happened a few days ago, but sometimes you feel like it was years ago.

:p

Weird..I posted a reply to this last night..and now it's mysteriously gone.....maybe we should be talking about paranormal activity.. :lol: :lol:

I have the feeling of Deja Vu sometimes, and it amazes me every time. I try to remember in detail why it might have happened and what the previous event was. I definitely want to look into why it happens. There has to be something deeper behind it...

Any scene perceived by a normal person, is actually seen independently by each of the two eyes. That is how we accomplish three dimensional vision. Let us speculate for a moment that the signal path to the brain has a slightly different length from the two eyes. If this was the case, then the brain would get the signals from the first eye, and promptly process them and record them into memory. A moment later, the signals would arrive from the other optic nerve. The brain would then receive this signal, and immediately note that it seems very familiar, being very similar (virtually identical) to an image already in memory. But it wouldn't be a memory from months or years earlier. It would have only been from a memory recorded a fraction of a second earlier! (The brain's memory does not keep "time stamps" on individual memories and has no way of identifying when they first were recorded there. Under normal circumstances, other related experiences that include time-information usually give a person a cue as to when a memory was from.)

From the site OpethianSoul Posted, very useful, sounds right :D

I think maybe Transparent was joking around? I dont know just in case you didn't notice... Deja Vu...he decided to repeat the thread. <sarcastic laugh>
:D ;)

Originally posted by Sadistik
funny, Tansparent! I though it was quite obviously a joke, people!

Nice one ouchy

I think maybe Transparent was joking around?

yeah, when i read the thread i couldn't resist, putting it again, but as for copying Oyo's thread to a tee :eek: :eek: you have me all wrong, i am disgusted with what you say, notice how i did add a little :p smiley at the end. once again i am deeply shocked and sadened at your suggestions of ''plagiarism'' and i quote. :D