Delay compesation in cubase, so fucking confuse!d

koalamo

Aug 24, 2009
Hicktown New York.
Sorry for the two threads on similar topics but after what I found auto-tuning the bass I have began to get extremely confused.
I recently tracked something where I used effects on the input channel of cubase which I recorded so that I'd be able to hear the vocals with a rough fx chain on them; of course I recorded this along side of the dry, unprocessed vocals. After trying to print auto-tune to a channel by recording the plugins output I noticed that the recorded output did not match the original track (there was quite a noticeable difference between the timing of the two the autotuned track was delayed alot) when I went back and checked the printed fx vocals with the original dry vocals, I noticed the same thing.

I don't understand what is causing this to happen, is this due to delay compensation? When I render a track with effects by bouncing it (exporting it and reimporting back into the project) it is 100 percent accurate with the original track. Does this mean that if I am monitoring with say an ampsim like revalver in cubase and I have adc turned on it will be delaying what I am actually hearing when I play?? I've tried reading the manual but I don't really understand and I am getting extremely frustrated and paranoid because I really don't understand what auto delay compensation actually is.

Can someone please help me and is there a way to turn it off in cubase ):

no idea how to turn it off, sorry,
But I've always suspected the ADC in cubase to not be working accurately...when I first heard everyone is blending amps I wanted to try it, too...always led to the worst possible sounds, although I had NO plugins or anything on the tracks, so the latency comp must have been fucking with the signals even without any plugins on the tracks.
then when I first got PT HD I tried blending amps again...and suddenly it made sense.
Fuck Cubase's ADC!

no idea how to turn it off, sorry,
But I've always suspected the ADC in cubase to not be working accurately...when I first heard everyone is blending amps I wanted to try it, too...always led to the worst possible sounds, although I had NO plugins or anything on the tracks, so the latency comp must have been fucking with the signals even without any plugins on the tracks.
then when I first got PT HD I tried blending amps again...and suddenly it made sense.
Fuck Cubase's ADC!

): There's a way to slightly disable it using constrain delay and setting your latency threshold to a certain number of miliseconds cubase will disregard its adc when it reaches this threshold. But I still don't understand if this is going to help me at all. When I recorded a guitar signal through revalver with out any of the modeling engaged and compared it to the original it was off as well though it was only very slightly. This is extremely frustrating.....Anyone else ever experience this and find a solution or is this just to be expected for anyone not running tdm.