Nuendo/Cubase users come in

VH100R

Jul 13, 2006
Porto, Portugal
need your help on nuendo/cubase.

A) I have 4 guitar tracks recorded. Each with different panning and volume. I need to aply to them the same plugin chain but don't want to do it individually. I read the manual and created an FX channel (as send) (I think) all worked BUT I couldn't get individual panning because it was overrided by the panning of the FX channel and since the original tracks were clean guitar parts which were going to Guitar rig+EQ in the FX channel I could still hear the clean guitars with the affected ones! Tryed muting the clean ones but then no signal went to the FX channel --> no distortion... what do you usually do?

B) I recorded some tracks using the preamp out of my laney. Then programmed a simple drum loop. In order to match the tempo of the drum loop with the tempo of the recorded waves of the guitars I had to change the tempo of the project. lets say from 120 to 150. What happened is that Cubase also changed the speed of the recorded guitars. I thought it was an awesome feature but it wasn't what I wanted to do! lol o_O

take care dudettes! :kickass:

Luis G.

(A) No fucking clue, sorry - perhaps if you merged all of the takes into a single stereo track and then processed them like that, the problem would be solved, but I'm not sure if that's practical. I usually just process individually, myself.

(B) Get everything back to its original tempo. Now cut all of the tracks to the clipboard and THEN change the tempo to 150. Paste them back in, and your tempos should be set right.

Jeff

A) create a group track and send the guitar tracks to that group track, then throw your inserts on the group track.

B) change timebase from Musical to Linear, you can find the icon on the left of the screen on the selected track, little clock or music note.

A) create a group track and send the guitar tracks to that group track, then throw your inserts on the group track.

B) change timebase from Musical to Linear, you can find the icon on the left of the screen on the selected track, little clock or music note.

thanks man! I'll try that.

take care:headbang:

I'm a Nuendo user and I agree with him.

:D

good luck!