"Deliverance" fails to deliver?

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
Living in America, I finally have the opportunity to purchase the new CD today. But after reading all of the negative comments & the not-so-great reviews, I already have 'jaded ears' prior to even hearing one note of "Deliverance".

Perhaps this will work positively, however. Now that my expectations for the CD are less than they normally would have been, I'll be treated to a surprisingly good CD once the songs sink in!!!!

Just take it on it's own. Try not to compare it to other things.

Reminds me of some idiot who said he loved Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War, but because Mayhem did it, he had to hate it, as they were being untrue. Silly.

So if it is different, try not to be negative.

I certainly don't think it is a bad album, and I am not a fanboy, so I am not biased... heh...

My favorite album has been Morningrise followed by BWP and Still Life. I was very excited to hear D1 and I really like it. I agree that it should be taken separately but so should all the albums and I don't believe I fall into the "fanboy" category either. I do think people are making a bigger deal out the difference than they should. It'll sink in, as with all Opeth.

I really like Deliverance. Lots of people say Blackwater Park is better, but like Soilworker said..."Try not to compare it to other things." Just take it as it comes. :)

Originally posted by ffanatic
It's those damned diehard Jester Race fanboys who don't like R2R.
That is quite an ignorant thing to say. Almost as bad as "R2R is good if your open minded". :puke:

Originally posted by Sympozium
That is quite an ignorant thing to say. Almost as bad as "R2R is good if your open minded". :puke:

I don't even own R2R, I just have the MP3's, I'm just saying, that normally the people I've come across seem to say "Jester Race is so much better than Reroute to Remain", and nothing more. These are close minded people at my school who piss me off, most of the people on here don't act like that.

I gleefully accept any flaming for my comment, it probably does not apply to people here.

And I have completely enjoyed Deliverance, to get back on topic.

you want to know why this turned into another r2r chat. Its because we are so pissed that In Flames sold out. You can't deny it. I'm not one of the jester race fan boys either. Lord knows I love that album but its not my favorite. I liked Clayman, but r2r is step in the wrong direction. Some of it sounds like linkin park. It fucking lame. I can't stand all you fanboys that will tolerate anything In Flames will put out. I cried like a baby when I listened to the new record. It was so dissapointed. The O-mighty dollar claims another victum. I wish they hadn't sold out ass much as any one.

Damnit what is with this open-minded bullshit!? Its like if you don't like something, your obviousely not openminded. Gimme a fucking break, some things suck and people won't like them. That doesn't mean they are not open-minded.

Deliverance rocks \m/