Deliverance review from metalbite.com is UP!!!

Originally posted by Eld
Other releases that are way better than "Deliverance" for me would be Isis' "Oceanic", Mastadon's "Remission", and Arcturus' "The Sham Mirrors".

Well, like you said, that would be entirely down to opinion. I didnt like the new Isis at all, and although The Sham Mirrors is indeed brilliant, I would take Deliverance over it anyday

Well, just goes to show there's no way to agree on these kinds of things.

ed can u explain to me what im missing out with isis-oceanic and also arcturcus- the sham mirrors. i really wouldn't even hold a flame to deliverance.

isis- to me is really hopeless. this guys voice is nothing short of abrasive. and in some instances really difficult to listen to, i think the musicanship is b grade and defianetly nothing compared to opeth.

i think i need someone to point out to me whats so good about this album because if i play it even with no pre-conceptions about what im about to hear... it just seems to float by .. it bores me.... and normally i give everything a fair go.

understandably this is my own opinion opinion but to give deliverance 7.6 is scandalus.

i definatly cant see how you can deliverance 7.6 and give this 9.4.

btw i really love the site. its great and i always go there.

isis doesnt even feature in the top 50 albums list.... yet it features as album of the month.....
i just found that review very misleading

Understandable. As for the top 50 - I think you and I can agree that popularity really counts for shit.

And I was quite bothered by you saying Isis has b grade musicianship. I don't know what you consider good musicianship, but to me it's certainly not being able to play a virtuoso solo, or a solo at all for that matter, or a technical riff, whatever. Isis are all amazing musicians. They dominate Opeth as far as musicianship goes, but Opeth are indeed great. Also, the songs as well as the album itself are incredibly cohesive, which puts Isis up even higher.

Vocally, it's another instrument. I understand if somebody doesn't like it. It's more of a dynamic to the different sections. Death metal vocals are downright abrasive also. The two styles here are just different.

It's not something everyone will like. If it bores you, that's how it is. I just find it funny when people rip on a perfectly good band when they're reasons are faulty, instead of just saying they don't like them. That goes for a lot of people on this board, or everywhere.

As for "The Sham Mirrors", don't really know what to tell you. It's very unique, so either you like it or you don't. Amazing musicianship, including the magnificent song writing. I really like Arcturus' approach. I'll just leave it at that.

Originally posted by Eld
Understandable. As for the top 50 - I think you and I can agree that popularity really counts for shit.

And I was quite bothered by you saying Isis has b grade musicianship. I don't know what you consider good musicianship, but to me it's certainly not being able to play a virtuoso solo, or a solo at all for that matter, or a technical riff, whatever. Isis are all amazing musicians. They dominate Opeth as far as musicianship goes, but Opeth are indeed great. Also, the songs as well as the album itself are incredibly cohesive, which puts Isis up even higher.

Vocally, it's another instrument. I understand if somebody doesn't like it. It's more of a dynamic to the different sections. Death metal vocals are downright abrasive also. The two styles here are just different.

It's not something everyone will like. If it bores you, that's how it is. I just find it funny when people rip on a perfectly good band when they're reasons are faulty, instead of just saying they don't like them. That goes for a lot of people on this board, or everywhere.

As for "The Sham Mirrors", don't really know what to tell you. It's very unique, so either you like it or you don't. Amazing musicianship, including the magnificent song writing. I really like Arcturus' approach. I'll just leave it at that.

fair enough ed.