Demilich, I invite you in

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
I didn't want to derail my "albums that changed your life" thread so I'll start this one. I've noticed your affinity for the prog/acid folk genre.

Are you familiar with the following:

The Pentangle
Strawbs
Madden & Harris

...and more recently, Espers?

I know you are familiar with Jan Dukes De Grey.

Yeah, I can't get into Pentangle very much for some reason, though they were a huge influence on Comus and the Incredible String Band (Robin from the ISB even lived wth John Renbourn for a while)

Strawbs and the other one, haven't got around with.

In other news:
I've downloaded Gentle Giant s/t, both Wobbler albums and Anglagard's Hybris and am loving them all so far!

Espers, I've heard samples and liked them a lot but never did get a full album.

Jan Dukes De Grey, yeah, Mice and Rats in the Loft is classic (yet inconsistent), though their first album, Sorcerers is nice too, more of a Tyrannosaurus Rex kinda deal.

Also, the s/t GG album, while still great, is totally different from their other releases...just an fyi.

I definitely should have bought the vinyl copy of Acquiring the Taste that I saw somewhere recently right?

about The Pentangle, yeah Basket of Light is the album I have. Good music, but for some reason I just never want to listen to it.

You know, I'd already heard Sun Symphonica probably fifty times when I finally picked up a copy of the album, and the rest of it just doesn't come close... a damn shame. The other songs have their charm, I guess, but damn near nothing in my collection is as staggering as that first track!

Completely agree, though the title track has its moments. 8/10 overall, I'd say, with "Sun Symphonica" getting 11/10

I like this thread, just sayin. keep it alive.

random input:

redhash.jpg

Yeah, keep this fucker alive, I'm sure I've got a bunch more shit to namedrop in here..

Like this! Not the best, but a quality album:

just_others_amalgam.jpg

Well, since you faggots like The Incredible String Band, do you like Fresh Maggots ?

never heard yet, will check. Strawbs did not leave that much of an impression, lacks the sparkle of either beauty/dream/frenzy that my favourite bands in the genre possess (i.e. Fairport Convention, Dulcimer, Bread Love & Dreams etc.)

Strawbs = Shit

Locanda delle Fate = Awesome pinkage. I recommended these bastids two years ago, not surprisingly I didn't receive a single comment.

Ken, why have you never name dropped Lucifer's Friend?!? Contemporaries to Zeppelin, they kick major arse magma.

Last edited by a moderator: