Demilich, I invite you in

Oh, I'm "Love Muscle" :lol:

I ain't listening until you listen to "Holiday Surprise" by Olivia Tremor Control

Also, opinions on Pearls Before Swine?

Balaklava is very good.. can't pick a favourite track though, needs a few more spins.

I think I've also heard their debut, One Nation Underground, which also was quite good for the darker side of the genre.

edit: everyone should listen to the Simon Finn song the guy posted up there, its incredible!

You guys really should check out Ritual - Voluntary Hemulic Band

004285_28.jpg

"too many notes"

nah just shittin around. This is thoughtful music filling each corner of the recording space with simultaneous clusters of ideas. At times it feels like someone is walking around in a park with recording equipment on his back, capturing various bits of conversation and sounds. There's a genuine feel to the complexity at work, if that makes sense. Some of the melodies are simply gorgeous. I'm all for the recorder on track 3. OK that's it, you got my attention Big Show! :cool:

^
that I know already

I should say, based on what I got from Ritual, you have no excuse not to click on that Dungen video I posted a few posts above your Gentle Giant head.

Here is a thread for you guys to read up and gather some information on, from one of my favorite sites/forums:

What is your personal Acid Folk Top 50?

I own 8 albums out of their top 10 :lol:
Gonna check the other two right away.

Splendid selection! Well I guess once you have cursory knowledge of the acid fok planet, everyone more or less pinpoints the same 15-20 "usual suspects"

I have that Gryphon album and the s/t on my hard drive. Need to pay them a thorough visit. I haven't been in the mood for medieval-inspired tunes lately.

I know exactly what I don't like about Fresh Maggots. Hard rock sounding electric guitar solos have NO place in that kind of music. Fuck that noise.

I don't know how St. Radigunds places so high on people's top lists... never quite seemed to have the magic that some other bands in the scene possessed.

I know exactly what I don't like about Fresh Maggots. Hard rock sounding electric guitar solos have NO place in that kind of music. Fuck that noise.

It is sort of weird when they come about, fortunately they rather constitute a side element of their sound picture, or so I figure upon first listen. Anyway I don't know if I'd speak of "hard rock" there, yet I know how you mean it. The Hendrix feel is undeniable. Bunch of ear-catching tunes on this album. I'll come back to it soon and (very possibly) often.

I don't know how St. Radigunds places so high on people's top lists... never quite seemed to have the magic that some other bands in the scene possessed.

That's where I differ. Even though Bells, Boots & Shambles is per se a better written and better played album, I found in St. Radigunds a strong storytelling presence - something between a Dickens novel and a seafarer's tale - that cares for a haunting and highly stimulating atmosphere all throughout.