Demilich, I invite you in

x: "Man, I really need to hear _________!"
y: "Here's a yousendit of all of _________'s albums."
x: *silence*

Honestly, I was indifferent towards it. I perfectly understand why some of you lads are spunking your white dew over bands of this ilk, but my listening habits are pretty much consumed by metal with the rare "prog" exception thrown in to the fray every other season or so.

*Exits from thread*

Never heard U...

Don’t want to dig too deep into their half-baked period. Changing Horse and I Looked up were a nasty challenge to my good will. Maybe U is good, though. Is it? U tell me…

Oh my, U is a fucking masterpiece all over the place. Little did i know that this band still had an ace in their sleeve for me :worship:

Mellow Candle, anyone?

FANTASTIC Irish folk with female vocals. A lot of people compare them to Fairport Convention, but I hear a lot of Renaissance as well. Please tell me you people worship Renaissance already.

Anyone familiar with Le Orme?

Also check out, if you have not already:

ART - Supernatural Fairy Tales (1967)

56323.jpg

Weird, and very proto-metal. Later became Spooky Tooth. The vocalist sounds a lot like Ian Anderson.

Just gonna throw a few more names out there:

Museo Rosenbach*
Spring*
Trees (fucking rule)
Arzachel
The CA Quintet
Principal Edwards Magic Theatre
Dulcimer
Second Hand
Fairfield Parlour
July
Harmonium*

*denotes a band I have not heard

LOL @ recommending shit you havent heard. :tickled:

Museo Rosenbach fucking RULE. They dont fit this thread but Zarathustra is one of my most favorite RPI albums ever.

Harmonium also flat out rule. No drummer, which kind of throws me for a loop since that's what I usually listen to most. But they definitely fit this thread and are a must hear for Si On Avait Besoin D'Une Cinquième Saison. (We Need A Fifth Season)

Harmonium+-+1975+-+Si+on+avait+besoin+d%27une+cinquieme+saison+-+Front+Cover.jpg

:lol: (sendsomeyousendits)

I bought this yesterday.
cdcpmoysche.jpg

I consider it to be the "Lost Princess of Oz" of music.
9780345333674.jpg

Got the mp3s of that Simon Finn album last night. Been wanting to hear it for years. David Tibet's recommendations > David Tibet's music.
Also, for shits and giggles, I got Spirit's "The Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus." I remember my dad playing it nonstop in the car when I was growing up and his women hating it.

I want to check out the bands I starred on that list, along with that macaroni band.

Big D's: you've heard Trees? They remind me of a non-evil Comus. Sort of like Mellow Candle, who are right in the middle. Yesterday I was listening to Mellow Candle and I got a knock on my door. Figuring it was my landlord finally accosting me about the pot (yesterday was 420), I opened it and it was some dude who lives upstairs. He said: "Are you listening to Mellow Candle?" He was in a band and in need of a keyboardist and had heard someone playing them in the building and thought it was me and blah blah blah but anyway we started talking about music, and he also mentioned Dando Shaft as a favorite band of the period. (I remember listening to it a while back and only liking one song). He hadn't heard Comus, so I lent him "First Utterance." It was an odd experience.

Clive's Own Band (C.O.B.) are truly amazing. Moyshe macStiff... is one of those albums that open a gateway to a totally different landscape than what you'd expect given the band's location. Listening to it always takes me on a camel ride towards Jerusalem or something. Bright, soulful and extremely compelling music.

Trees are like a better Fairport Convention that somehow had much less success.

I want to hug you guys.

Thanks Frenchie.

Enlighten us/me.

dorian got it mostly right. Literally it would be something like "Should we need a fifth season"

Strange how you guys keep going from amazing classic prog talk to your silly hippie folk stuff and back again without a glance. My interest in the the thread keeps zigging and zagging.

Should I stay or should I go goooo

I remember when Sir Dickloin recommended Banco's Darwin! to me many years ago and that likely is what spiked a huge interest in 70's symphonic (mostly italian) prog, so I'm still all over that. Progarchives then became an indispensable resource. Yup, just queue up a huge playlist of their streaming songs and be blown away.