Demilich, I invite you in

So I like Comus quite a bit and prog rock quite a bit, is it worth my time to look into this acid folk gayness or is it a bunch of hippie bullshit?

Gotta love the Bröselmaschine and Hölderlin excerpts from those WDR sessions too. Those singers were friggin' hot. I can't stop wishing I was born in 1950 or something...

I'm a dolt. I've been hooked on an album for the past couple months that would fit perfectly within this thread. Best "Indie" release of 2009 thus far:

AKR044_350.jpg

It's fucking awesome.

I checked one of the tunes on myspace, it was pretty good, I'll pick that cd up soon.

I havn't found much else I really like out of the big indie scene atm, except some Iron & Wine..

Modern so-called psych-folk often tends to fall into the sophistication/over-indulgence trap imo. That said, DM Stith sounds promising. The songs, while loaded to the brim with eccentric sounds, seem to possess both writing skill and a purpose. I'll definitely take time checking this out.

As to Scott Walker, I recognize a certain magic to his art, yet haven't been able to get past his most welcoming songs.

Speaking of things of our time, I think Espers are an excellent bunch. I had made a widely unnoticed reco thread about them iirc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already know of Dungen knee-grow. They're gewd.

However, all I've heard is Ta Det Lugnt.

I've read that they got a bit more spacey after that album.

Dungen are a personal fav. Ta Det Lugnt is definitely a good starting point, but youse should listen to their earlier stuff, ie Stadsvandringar, Midsommarbongen and Lilla Vännen, which are all included on the CD release of the album, Dungen.

If you're into Dungen, check out Tame Impala, a new psychadelic rock band emerging in Australia at the moment.

Also, is anyone into Folque? Decent Norwegian prog/folk band, which incorporate some pretty rocky stuff into a few tracks. I have their album Fredløs to which I am currently listening. Good album.

I'd upload the aforementioned material, but I have no rapidshare account or anything of the like. So I'm no real help.

Stadsvandringar is my favourite Dungen album. I think I've heard the first 4.

modern attempts at this kind of music don't work at all for me. i'd love to find something new that actually recaptures the feeling of a great acid folk band of the 60s. maybe i'll have to attempt this myself some day.

That's it...FUCK THIS!!!

I am gonna upload a vid or two of Gentle Giant, since afterall, they are the greatest band in the history of the world, and Demilich is a dunce for ignoring this fact of life.